How to Create Windows 7 to Go USB Hard Drive with A Live System?
Do you want to run Windows 7 on a USB external drive? You can follow this guide to create Windows 7 to go USB drive.
Creating Windows 7 to go was a dream, Since it’s not very portable and may have driver or activation issues when you use on different computers. Most people will choose to buy Windows enterprise 8/8.1/10 and create a windows 8/8.1/10 to go USB or another external drive. Because Windows to go is a built-in tool in these Windows versions. And these versions currently only support on computers with x86 or x64-based processors. Below is some features you want to run Windows from USB or other external hard drive.
To personal users, you don’t need to bring your laptop everywhere. And you can boot from any computer with this portable Windows and work with the same work environment all the time.
To office users, you can access the enterprise network via your personal computer. And it still can improve the efficiency since you can deal with your work both home and corporation at any time.
To one enterprise, providing a new computer for the contractor is no longer needed since they can access corporate data via their own device.
A Windows To Go USB or external hard drive(eg: SSD) helps users be familiar with the Windows UI even before it is formally installed on their device.So the unfriendly Windows UI is not a problem anymore. You can try it first, then install formally. Now, with the help of AOMEI Partition Assistant, running Windows 7 from USB drive or external hard drive is available. Because It supports various computers including Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1/10, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
1. Don’t insert the Windows 7 To USB into a running computer. It’s recommended to boot from a powered down machine.
2. Don’t run Windows 7 to USB bootable directly from a USB hub. It may slow down or interrupt the process. We recommend you to run Windows 7 to USB bootable directly into a port on the computer.
3. Before you change the BIOS settings to boot from USB or another external drive, you need to suspend BitLocker on Windows 7 host computers if it is enabled. After that, you are supposed to resume BitLocker protection. In this way, you are not afraid to lose your drive and the data on portable Windows 7, since they don’t have the password.
4. Before removing the Windows To Go drive from your device, you should make sure the Windows operating system running on your Windows To Go drive has completely shut down.
5. The common USB flash drives are very slow. Creating windows 7 to go on a common USB will take a long time and running Windows from a common USB flash drive is still very slow. Thus, we highly recommend you to use a USB hard disk, such as Seagate hard drive, WD hard drive, flash hard drive etc.
Step 1: Connect your USB drive to the computer
Step 2: Download AOMEI Partition Assistant, install and enjoy it. After you open the software, it will automatically display your drive( disk 3).
Step 3: Click Windows To Go Creator and then you will enter another window.
Step 4: In this Window, you need to select your hard disk and installation disc/ ISO file, then click Proceed to continue all the following operations.
Step 5: After you click Proceed, there will be a pop-up window which prompts you to back up your important data on the disk. If you have already backed up the data or you do not want to keep them, click Yes to continue the last step.
1. To be honest, it very lucky for windows 7 users who want to create windows 7 to go from USB hard drive. With the help of Windows 10/87 to Go creator AOMEI Partition Assistant, you can easily create portable Windows 7 in a few steps. No matter where you go, take it and run it from any computer.