I have an old Dell hard drive as my external drive. I can delete other two partitions
except for the OEM partition, about 63MB. When I right click in Disk Management, I
only got the help option instead of delete option, how could I delete the Dell OEM
About Dell OEM Partition
Generally speaking, Dell OEM partition is a hidden partition in front of the hard
drive and made by computer manufacturer like Dell. It’s created automatically while
Windows is installing and used to reset your PC or restore to factory settings when
emergency. In addition, Lenovo and HP also have the OEM partition. It can be small
around 100M or less, or could be larger than 10GB.
If you don’t want to restore your PC to factory settings, or if you have created a
recovery drive, you can delete Dell OEM Partition to free up space to extend system
Can I Delete Dell OEM Partition Safely?
How to remove Dell OEM partition from hard drive safely while you can’t delete OEM
partition for your Dell computer in Disk Management? You have two options to solve
this problem. Diskpart command and the disk partitioning software are both
Diskpart delete Dell OEM partition
Diskpart is a hard drive and partitions management tool, which allows you to delete
OEM Partition easily. Below is the tutorial.
1. Hit “Windows” + “R” combination key to open the
dialog box, type “diskpart” and press enter.
2. Then type the following commands in turn.
- list disk
- select disk n, where n is the volume number of your disk that
you want to operate.
- list partition
- select partition m, m is the volume number of the Dell OEM
partition you want to delete.
- delete partition override
Then you have deleted it with a success.
Delete with AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional
AOMEI Partition Assistant
Professional is a powerful disk partitioning software, which allows you to
create, delete, format partition, and restore deleted partitions in Windows 7, 8,
10. Thus, taking advantage of this software to delete Dell OEM partition in Windows
7/8/10 is a piece of cake.
First, you could download AOMEI Partition Assistant
Professional to have a try. We are going to show you how to delete.
1. Install and run AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional, on the main console, right
click the Dell OEM partition and choose “Delete Partition” at the
drop down menu.
2. Select a method to delete the OEM partition. “Delete partition quickly
(Recomanded)” or “Delete partition and prevent data recovery, it will take more
time”. Then hit “OK”.
3. Click “Apply” to confirm this deletion if you have checked.
After a few seconds, you will find the Dell OEM partition has been removed
Restore If Accidentally Deleted Dell OEM Partition
However, if you want to keep Dell OEM Partition to restore your system to factory
settings, and you accidentally deleted Dell OEM partition, what should you do? There
is a life-saver solution provided by AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional.
Following text is about how to restore deleted Dell OEM partition in Windows 7, 8,
1. Run the procedure, on the main interface, choose “Partition Recovery Wizard”
on the left panel, and select a disk which you want to recover list in the pop-up
2. Choose a search method and hit “Next”.
3. The program will list all the lost partitions, tick the lost partition and click
After a while, you will see that partition again and restore system to factory
settings if needed. Furthermore, if you are not willing to keep all the partitions
on the hard drive, you can delete all partitions
with AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional. This software allows you to allocate free space to expend
system drive or other partitions.