File Wipe Software for Windows PCs [Free Download]
Cannot delete files from your hard drive? Want to erase sensitive file without recovery? You can employ a great file wipe software, AOMEI Partition Assistant.
To remove an unwanted file from hard drive, users usually right click it and choose “Deletion”. However, is the deleted file really gone? The answer is negative. The file is just sent to Recycle Bin. And it still located on your hard drive even after you empty the Recycle Bin. With a data recovery tool, the file can be retrieved. To secure erase a file (files) from hard drive, it’s time to employ professional file wipe software.
Here introduces a great file wipe tool, AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard for Windows 10, 8, 7. It’s “Shred Files” function can erase a file by overwriting the space with zero and the wiped file is hard to be retrieved. And it can wipe a file (files) on PC even the PC encounters boot issue because it has "Make Bootable Media" function. You can use it to create a bootable USB/CD/DVD on a working computer and then, you can boot the unbootable PC from the media and delete files.
✍ Now, you can free download the file wipe software and have a try!
After you download and install the disk wiping software, it’s time to check out how to use the software to wipe a file (files) from hard drive with zero-writing.
What you should know before shredding a file (files) from hard drive:
▪ To delete a system file, or some files that cannot be closed, enter PreOS mode or WinPE mode to execute such an operation.
▪ The files that are compressed or encrypted at the file system level are not allowed to be shredded.
Step 1. In the main interface, go to “All Tools”> “Shred Files”.
Step 2. Now, you are in the “Shred Files” interface, add unwanted files or folder via clicking “Add Files” or “Add Folders”.
Step 3. In the “Name” list, you can see all the target files. To remove one or more files from the list, you can untick the item. To view the specific content of the file, you can put the mouse on the file or folder path and double click the path to open it.
Step 4. After files are selected, specify “Write Zero” as the shredding method.
Step 5. Now, you can click “Shred” button. Then, click “Yes” to continue the operation.
Step 6. After all the added files or folders are removed, the message “All files/folders have been shredded completely” will appear.
▪ This file wiping tool can be used to erase a single file (files) from SD card, USB flash drive as well.
▪ The tool can wipe all files on a partition or on the entire hard drive via “Wipe Partition” or “Wipe Hard Drive” function.
▪ If you are using Windows Server 2022 2019, 2016, 2012 (R2), 2008, or 2003, AOMEI Partition Assistant Server is suitable.