The Best HP Pen Drive Repair Software Free Download
The best HP pen drive repair software-AOMEI Partition Assistant can help you repair your corrupted USB effectively.
HP pen drive, like SanDisk, Lenovo, Kingston, and other USB, is a portable storage device, which allows you to store numerous data on it. Their capacity can vary from 10 GB, 16 GB to hundreds GB. Besides storing data and files, you can install Windows Server ISO to USB.
However, sometimes you probably encounter one of the following issues about your HP USB, then you will need to find an HP pen drive repair software to fix it.
1. You receive a message that the disk is write-protected, and you can format or write data on this USB.
2. When you connect your used HP pen drive with a computer, you would be prompted that you need to format the disk before you can use it.
3. Your HP pen drive shows RAW file system or the file system of the USB flash drive cannot be recognized. In this situation, you are not allowed to access your HP pen drive.
4. When you plug your USB stick into a computer, it is said that the flash drive is malfunctioned, and is not recognized.
If you encounter one or more issues mentioned above, don’t worry too much, you might need a piece of HP pen drive repair software to fix the corrupted pen drive.
First of all, let’s see the major and common reasons of these problems.
1. Your USB may be infected with virus.
2. The device driver is out of data
3. Your USB drive got some bad sectors.
4. The MBR of USB is damaged.
5. Your USB is underwrite protection somehow.
Now, follow the article, we will teach you how to repair your HP pen drive with 2 USB repair tools.
Scan your HP pen drive with anti-virus software to check if it got infected with virus. If it is not, try to fix your pen drive with the following methods.
When it comes to repairing USB stick, many computer masters may fix it with CHKDSK utility. Insert your HP pen drive and see how the utility works
Step 1. Press “Win + R” and type“cmd” and hit Enter to open Command Prompt.
Step 2. Type “chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r /x” on the Command Prompt.
/f – it will try to check and fix error on the flash drive.
/r – it will attempt searching bad sectors and recovering information.
/x – it will force the HP USB to be dismounted.
You may be confused about the CHKDSK command, and be afraid of making some severe problems when handling Command Prompt.
You can also use the corrupted HP pen drive repair software-AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard, which is much easier to fix a USB thanks to its user-friendly interface and simple steps. And it comes with lots of features and great compatibility making it be the best USB repair tool. No matter the system your computer running is Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7.
Let us demonstrate to you how the AOMEI Partition Assistant repairs your HP pen drive.
Step 1. Free download AOMEI Partition Assistant, and install and open it. Right-click your HP USB on the main interface, click “Advanced” > “Check Partition”.
Step 2. Now, choose a check method. We choose the option one here. You can choose others or just run them one by one, and click “OK”.
Step 3. And wait for Check program to finish, and click “OK”.
According to the Wikipedia definition, a master boot record (MBR) is a special type of boot sector at the beginning of a storage device. If the MBR of USB is corrupted, you can’t open the USB on a computer. It can be rebuilt by the pen drive repair software.
You can know more information about the Master Boot Record from this Wikipedia page.
Step 1. Right-click the HP pen drive, and choose “Rebuild MBR”.
Step 2. Select the operating system your computer running, and click “OK”.
Step 3. In the main interface, go “Apply” > “Proceed”.
Sometimes, the USB stick is stuck inwrite protection issues due to file system corruption, or you find the file system is RAW, both situations will make you unable to format or change data of the pen drive. Luckily, with AOMEI Partition Assistant, they can be removed by formatting.
Step 1. Right-click the HP USB, and select “Format Partition”.
Step 2. And select a file system in this window, and click “OK”.
Step 3. Also, click “Apply” > “Proceed” to execute the formatting program.
Apart from the above methods offered by the HP pen drive repair tools, the following fixes are also worth trying.
If your USB cannot be recognized and turn to an unknown device on PC, you can try to update the device driver:
1. Go to the “Control Panel”, and open “Device Manager”, if you don’t know where it is, you can input Device Manage on the Search Box to search.
2. And you will find an “Unknown Device”. Rightclick on it, and open “Properties”. And click “Update driver” under the Driver tab.
If the value of Windows Registry Key is wrong, your HP pen drive would be write-protected, and you can’t open your USB.
Step 1. Press “Win +R” to start Runbox, and input “regedit” and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
Step 2. Navigate to the following path:
Step 3. Open the "WriteProtect" and change the Value Data from “1” to “0”. Then click “OK”.
✍Note: If can’t find StorageDevicePolicies, you can just create one.
1. Right-click the “Control” and go “New＞Key”, name the key with “StorageDvicePolicies”.
2. Click StorageDevicePolicies you just created, and right-click on the blank space, select “New”＞ “DWORD (32-bit) value” and name it with WriteProtect.
So this is all about repairing HP pen drive in Windows PC. The two HP pen drive utility/software-CHKDSK and AOMEI Partition Assistant are both great and effective. They are not only working on HP pen drive but other brands of USB like SanDisk, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc.
Moreover, you can upgrade to AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional, which provides more useful features like changing USB file system from FAT32 to NTFS without formatting/losing data, extend system partition, allocating free space from one partition to another, etc.