Smartphone always comes with limited storage space. Fortunately, Android phones make up for this shortcoming, as Android devices allow you to gain an additional storage space by adding a SD card. Although you get enough space, a corresponding problem may appear. “SD card unexpectedly removed” error notification arrives every time when you use your phone.
Why does this sort of thing happen? And the followings are the possible reasons for your reference.
Possible reasons for SD card unexpectedly removed
The SD card is broken or incompatible with the device. The SD card might be broken completely after long-term use. Different devices support different SD cards. The SD card will be removed if it doesn't match the type supported by your device. In these cases, you’d better change this SD card.
The device is damaged or attacked by viruses. The Android SD card unexpectedly removed error may pop up as well when the device is damaged, no matter in physical or logical level. Also, microSD card not recognized happens when your device is attacked by viruses. Then, what you need to do is repair the device.
The connection between your phone and SD card is loose. Thus, your phone cannot recognize the card successfully and then repeat the error message.
The SD card is not formatted. At times, the “not formatted” error may occur to your SD card. This error makes the phone unable to read the card so you receive the error notification “SD card unexpectedly removed”.
How to fix SD card unexpectedly removed error?
To fix SD card unexpectedly removed error, three easy but effective means are listed here. Now it is the time to try them one by one.
Fix 1. Re-insert the SD card
1. Turn off the phone and then take out the SD card. If the phone is equipped with a removable battery, take the battery out for minutes and then reinsert it.
2. Turn on the phone and then go Settings ＞ Storage to make sure the card is removed.
3. Turn off the phone again to put the SD card back to its slot.
4. Turn on the phone to see if the issue is solved or not. If not, try next method.
Fix 2. Unmount and then mount the SD card
1. Go Settings ＞ Storage to tap Unmount external storage.
2. Turn off the phone and remove the SD card. Then insert it back to the phone.
3. Turn on the phone. Then visit Settings ＞ Storage ＞ Mount SD card to set up the card.
4. Now you can see if the SD card is removed unexpectedly again. If the problem persists, try next method.
Fix 3. Format the SD card with your computer
When trying to format a SD card with File Explorer or Disk Management, you may fail with an error message “Windows was unable to complete the format”. Many users also try to format SD card using Diskpart. However, it is pretty complicated. Is there a reliable and easy way? The answer is yes if you continue reading.
This program has a simple but comprehensive interface that makes it easy to operate. Anyone can download and use this freeware. To format the SD card, you can follow the steps given below.
Connect the SD card to a working computer via a SD card reader. Confirm that the freeware is already installed on this computer.
All data on the SD card will be erased after formatting. Make sure whether there is any important data on the card, if there is, you can backup SD card to computer.
1. Right click the SD card and then choose Format Partition.
2. Add Partition Label, select File System and Cluster Size. Then click OK.
3. Confirm your operations and then click Apply.
In this article, three efficient methods to fix SD card unexpectedly removed issue are provided. You can try these means one by one until the problem is solved. If you have to format the SD card, AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard is highly recommended.
By the way, this freeware serves you well when you intend to format corrupted SD card. If you perform an edition upgrade, you can enjoy more advanced feature, for instance, convert dynamic disk to basic without losing data.