Those who have small-capacity hard drives often find themselves in trouble when the
hard drive space running low. To clear some space for installing more apps, they
have to delete something on the hard drive if there’s no other option. However, a
more advisable choice is to resize partitions. It’s recommended to give system
partition at least 10GB free space for better performance and future use. Today in
this article, we will show you a convenient way to do this without accessing into
Windows - resize partition in Win PE with boot CD.
We can use AOMEI PE
Builder to resize partitions under Windows preinstallation environment. As the
name suggests, AOMEI PE Builder can create a WindowsPE device. More than that, a
multifunctional disk management app of AOMEI Tech has been added into this
preinstallation environment: AOMEI Partition Assistant. AOMEI PA allows the users to
do merge/move/split/delete/format/hide/resize partition and many other operations.
1. First we need to do is to run AOMEI PE Builder and get a bootable CD. Once we open
AOMEI PE Builder, just choose CD/DVD as the destination device for saving the WinPE
settings. Click Next then follow the wizard to complete the process of WinPE
bootable CD make. Once it’s done, shut down the computer.
2. Go to BIOS and change the boot device to CD/DVD. Then we’ll access into WinPE.
Find AOMEI Partition Assistant on desktop.
3. In the main window, we can find the partitions at the bottom right. Right
click on the partition that you would like to resize.
4. In resize partition window, we can specify the partition size as well as the size
of the space before and after this very partition by inputting the exact numbers.
Also, we can just use our mouse to drag the coordinate bar leftwards or rightwards
to resize the partition too.
5. For SSD users, please note that the Advanced settings can help you to align the
partitions after the resize operation. Click OK to continue.
6. Here we’ll back to the main interface. Click Apply button then choose Proceed.
Then AOMEI Partition will execute the resize operation immediately.