Your Computer Is Low on Memory Windows 10 [Easily Solved]
This post demonstrates how to fix your computer is low on memory effectively and easily.
Sometimes, when you are doing work on your Windows 10 or when you try to play video game, you may encounter the error: Your computer is low on memory, like the following screenshot:
Actually, this error may occur in the following situations too:
1. Your computer is low on memory but it’s not. Part of users reflected that when this error occurs, the PC memory actually works correctly. This may because of the computer somehow misinterprets various memory indicators.
2. Your computer is low on memory with high CPU error in Windows 10 Creators. Some users may encounter such error --
“My computer memory usage is only 30% when I booted up my computer. But it quickly raised to 65% percent after opening Chrome. And quickly, it raised to 92% when I launched another program. I can hardly do anything with this stupid error. When I opened Task Manager, it shows low memory RAW and high CPU usage. How Can I solve it?”
3. Sometimes, you may meet another situation: Your computer is low on memory black screen issues. When you meet this issue, you are forced to reboot your computer.
4. Many users will find “Your computer is low on memory” alerts when they try to print the converted PDF files, saving an Excel, call of duty, and more. If you are playing games, you may encounter the error quite a few times.
No matter which occasion you meet, when the error occurs, it means your Windows 10 is of low virtual memory. That’s because some programs on your Windows 10 take too much allocation of memory. Well, how to fix this error? Here is some advice for you:
When your computer is low on memory with high CPU error in Windows 10 Creators, even shows you 100% disk usage on Windows 10 Task Manager, you can try to end any process (except for system processes) that is using too much memory to fix it.
1. Press Shift + Ctrl + Esc keys simultaneously to open Task Manager. It will show you all the running processes.
To end up process, you should choose it, right-click it, and select End task in the menu. After this operation, you can check whether the warning still pops up.
If this error occurs recently, and you have installed some software on your computer in recent days, you should consider removing new software to see if “Your computer is low on memory” error still occurs. To uninstall software, you can do as following:
> Press Windows key +R key simultaneously, type Control Panel, select Programs->Uninstall a program.
> Right-click the program you added recently, click Uninstall.
Wait a minute, the program will be uninstalled. Then, restart computer to see if the issue has been solved.
Disk errors may cause the problem too. Thus, you can check the disk for errors to solve this issue. For checking disk errors, here you can use chkdsk.exe or use a disk manager such as AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard to do it. Free Download AOMEI Partition Assistant with a small package, install and launch it.
When you get into its main interface, click the disk and select Test > Disk Surface Test.
Click Start to check for disk errors.
If there is a bad sector, it will be marked as red in the panel. If there is no error, ignore it. The AOMEI Partition Assistant also can help you check partition errors and fix them. You can try it, too.
Another effective way to fix your computer is low on memory is to increase the virtual memory on your computer so that your Windows 10 computer has more space to store the allocated files.
Press Win +R keys simultaneously, click System.
Click Advanced system settings, and it will pop up System Properties window. Click Settings under Advanced option.
Then, click Change under Advanced panel in the new pop-up window.
UncheckAutomatically manage paging file size for all drives. Tick on. Set Initial size and Maximum size like the following screenshot.
Now, restart your computer to see if your computer is low on memory error occurs again. Hope this post will be helpful.