C Drive Is RAW - How to Fix It Efficiently
Have you come across the error that C drive is RAW? Are you confused about it? Read this article to get a clear idea and quick fixes to it.
The error: C drive is RAW
Some users are confronted with inaccessible system, blue screen at startup showing disk errors when they are using computers. Those issues could mostly be caused by the error that C drive is RAW. When you find C drive became RAW, it always has something to do with improper computer behaviors or incomplete reading and writing operations which result in file information disorder. Then, how to deal with RAW C drive?
How to fix C drive in RAW efficiently
Since C drive is unable to function well, so is the system, we must enter safe mode or Windows PE to fix the error, or even do a complete format. Learn how to fix RAW C drive in Windows 7 efficiently below:
▶ Repair RAW C drive with secure methods
There are two secure methods to fix the error that C drive is RAW. I’ll show you one by one:
● Method 1: repair RAW C drive in safe mode
1. Restart your new computer and tap F8 to access the Advanced Boot Options menu.
2. Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.
3. In Command Prompt, input chkdsk c: /f /r (note the space before each slash) and press Enter.
Tips: The meaning of the parameters used: “/f” tells chkdsk to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information.
4. Exit Command Prompt and restart your computer.
● Method 2: repair RAW C drive in Windows PE
However, chkdsk can only do basic check and repair. It can’t fix all the disk errors. If C drive is still RAW after running chkdsk, try second method here. AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional as a comprehensive partition manager can assist you in rebuilding boot information for the system disk.
Following are detailed steps:
1. Connect a USB drive to a computer in good condition. Install and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant. Click on "Tools"> “Make Bootable Media” on the top pane and follow the wizard to finish the process.
Tip: The bootable USB will contain installed AOMEI Partition Assistant.
2. Insert the bootable USB into the computer where C drive is RAW. Boot from the USB by changing boot order in BIOS.
3. You’ll see loaded AOMEI Partition Assistant once login. Right click the system disk and select “Rebuild MBR”.
4. Set the type of MBR for Windows 7 in the pop-up window.
5. Click “Apply” and then “Proceed” to commit the pending operations. Restart your computer later.
▶ Format RAW C drive and reinstall Windows
If both method 1 and method 2 fail to fix the problem that C drive became RAW, turn to the last resort—format C drive so that it continues working. Keep in mind that formatting will cause a total loss of system files, so back up Windows 7 system partition if possible. After formatting C drive, you need to reinstall Windows. With Windows 7 product key, you can download Windows 7 ISO image and copy it to the bootable USB on a computer which functions well. Now follow the instructions below:
1. Connect the bootable USB drive with Windows 7 ISO image to the computer with RAW C drive and boot from it.
2. Once you see loaded AOMEI Partition Assistant, right click the C drive and select “Format Partition”.
3. Choose a file system for C drive and click “OK”.
4. Click “Apply” and then “Proceed” to commit the operation.
5. Find Windows 7 ISO file on the bootable USB and double click it. Select “Install now”.
6. Accept the Windows 7 License Terms and click “Next”.
7. Choose “Custom (advanced)” as installation type.
8. Choose the formatted C drive to install Windows 7 and click “Next”.
Tip: If there are other system related partitions apart from C drive, you should delete them using “Drive options (advanced)” before installing Windows 7 on C drive.
9. Wait for the Windows 7 Setup process to be completed. Your computer will restart several times.
The error that Windows 7 C drive is raw can be fixed with three methods mentioned above, so can the same error on Windows 10/8, etc. AOMEI Partition Assistant can not only repair RAW C drive, but also fix Windows 7 blue screen after SSD install and repair pen drive not detected. Give it a try right now!