How to Clone Hard Drive from Bootable USB Drive Easily?
How to clone hard drive from bootable USB drive? This post will tell you how to do that with an easy way.
When a hard drive is beyond its service life, or it can’t satisfy the demands, it needs to be replaced with a new disk. Many users choose to clone hard drive for saving time and energy from reinstalling OS and applications and transferring a large number of files.
But sometimes, you may find you PC can't boot up successfully when you get down to clone system or data to another place. How to make it in this situation. In general, hard drive clone is an easy task with a proper disk cloning tool that has a features of create a bootable media, like USB, and you can clone hard drive from bootable USB drive.
There is professional disk cloner for you called AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. It can make a USB bootable, and install cloning feature on this USB. In this way, you can clone a hard disk using a USB without booting into Windows. And its lots of advantages that satisfy different demands.
● Intuitive interface: you don’t need to have any complex computer techniques. Its easy-to-use interface can guide you to clone hard drive from bootable USB simply.
● Great compatibility: AOMEI Partition Assistant supports most popular Windows operating systems, such as Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
● 2 hard disk clone methods available: clone only used sectors or all sectors from the source disk to the destination disk. The first method allows you to clone old hard drive to a smaller SSD.
● Clone partition: AOMEI Partition Assistant allows you to copy a partition or the whole hard disk according to your specific requirements.
● Check hard disk and rebuild MBR: This cloning software can also fix some boot problems with the "Surface Test" and "Rebuild MBR" that may solve the problem of your PC.
You can download the AOMEI Partition Assistant, and follow the steps down below to clone hard drive from USB drive.
Before starting, we need to prepare:
Another Windows computer that can boot up successfully.
Install AOMEI Partition Assistant on the working computer.
A USB drive or CD, and backup the files on the USB drive because it will be formatted during the process.
After you back up the USB drive, insert the pen drive to the preparedworking computer with AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard installed, and do as the below instruction.
1. Launch AOMEI Partition Assistant in the working computer, click "Make Bootable CD Wizard" under the “Wizards” column, and click “Next” in the confirm window.
2. Then, choose a way to create bootable media. You can either choose “Burn to CD/DVD” to make a bootable CD or “USB Boot Device” to make bootable USB. And click “Proceed”.
3. The USB flash drive needs to be formatted and all the data on it will lose. Ensure you have backed up important files, and click “Yes”.
4. After a while, when the operation is completed, click “Finish”.
Now, you can use the bootable USB to clone hard drive. Before cloning, you need to boot computer from the bootable USB drive.
1. Plugin the new hard drive, and inset bootable USB to computer that can’t boot up normally, and start the computer, once you see the first screen, press BIOS key.
2. Enter “BIOS setup” and choose “change boot order” to choose the bootable USB as boot drive.
✍ Tip: The BIOS key is set by the computer manufacturer. Commonly, it is F10, F2, F12, F1, or DEL. You can Google it with your computer brand and model.
3. When you see the AOMEI Partition Assistant window, click “All Tools” > “Disk Clone Wizard”
4. Choose a select disk clone method. Here we choose “Clone Disk Quickly” which is faster. If you want to clone all sectors on the hard drive, you can choose “Sector-by-Sector Clone”.
5. Choose the hard drive you want to clone and click “Next”.
6. Choose the destination disk. And if the destination disk is an SSD drive, please tick “Optimize the performance of SSD”, which would align the SSD partition. And click “Next”.
7. You will receive a message to tell you how to deal with the situation where you meet boot problem. And click “Finish”.
8. Finally, click “Apply” in the main interface to start the cloning operation.
Then, just wait for the clone operation to finish.
As we can see, it is very easy to use AOMEI Partition to clone hard drive from bootable USB drive. And if you need to use bootable USB to clone MBR to GPT disk or from GPT to MBR disk, you need to upgrade to Professional Edition.