DiskPart Has Encountered an Error: Data Error (Solved Now!)
Are you troubled with the issue that DiskPart has encountered an error (data error)? Don’t worry! This article will help you out.
There are two Windows built-in tools to help you manage disks and partitions and fix some errors. One is Disk Management and the other is DiskPart. DiskPart, a command line disk partitioning utility, owns more practical, powerful functions than most of the third-party partition software. However, users are confronted with DiskPart errors sometimes, such as “DiskPart has encountered an error: Access is denied”, “Diskpart has encountered an error: The media is write protected”, etc.
When users try to create partitions on a disk or clean a hard drive, they also encounter another error: data error (cyclic redundancy check). How does this happen and how to fix it? Please read on.
If you find DiskPart has encountered an error cyclic redundancy check, it can be caused by various reasons:
▪ storage devices contain bad sectors
▪ cluttered hard disk and misconfigured files
▪ registry corruption
▪ unsuccessful program installation
▪ a sudden loss of power to the system
No matter which is your case, you can follow the step-by-step guide in the next part to get data error (cyclic redundancy check) fixed.
Here I’m going to show you three quick fixes to the issue “DiskPart has encountered an error: data error (cyclic redundancy check)”. Pick one that works for you:
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard, the best free partition utility for Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, can check bad sectors on a hard disk, a USB drive or an SD card easily. Follow the steps below:
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant. Right-click the drive that needs checking. Select “Advanced” and then “Check Partition”.
2. In the pop-up window, choose “Check whether there is bad sector on the partition” and click “OK”.
3. Click “Start” to perform checking.
▪ If there are bad sectors detected, backup disk first. Send the disk to professional data recovery center if there are important data on bad sectors.
▪ Not all bad sectors can be recovered, so it’s necessary for you to build schedule backups.
1. Tap the Search button on the taskbar and type “cmd” in the search box. Right click “cmd” and select “Run as administrator”.
2. Type chkdsk F: /f and press Enter to detect and fix any logical issues on the drive. You can replace F: with the letter of your hard drive partition.
3. Type exit and press Enter to exit Command Prompt.
Bear in mind that formatting will destroy all the data on the drive, do back up your important files before you format the problematic drive with following steps:
1. Right click the “This PC” icon on the desktop and hit the “Manage” option. Click on “Disk management” to open Windows Disk Management.
2. Right click on the drive that needs to be formatted and select “Format”.
3. Reset the volume label, file system and allocation unit size. Click “OK” to start formatting.
Tips: You can also format partition with free AOMEI Partition Assistant.
You have got all the useful information about the issue “DiskPart has encountered an error: data error (cyclic redundancy check)”. To fix the error efficiently, you can use AOMEI Partition Assistant, CHKDSK, or Disk Management. Other than checking bad sectors and formatting a drive, AOMEI Partition Assistant enables you to permanently assign drive letter and remove write protection on micro SD card Samsung. Don’t hesitate to try it by yourself!