Quick Fixes to Samsung SSD Not Initialized
This tutorial focuses on the error of Samsung SSD not initialized and provides quick fixes to the error in two different situations.
Samsung SSDs enjoy a great popularity among computer users, because they are fast, reliable and packed with useful features. Popular as they are, users are frustrated with the error they encounter—Samsung SSD not initialized. The error of external hard drive not initialized may be found with a brand new Samsung SSD or the one used for a while.
When it happens, your Samsung SSD may show different status in Disk Management:
● Disk unknown, not initialized, unallocated:
● Disk unknown, not initialized, no size:
No matter which result you get in Disk Management, you can’t access the data on Samsung SSD now. How annoying it is! This error could be caused by virus attack, file system corruption, MBR damage, bad sectors, motherboard issue, etc. Then, how to fix it quickly and securely?
As mentioned above, there are two different situations for the error “Disk Unknown, Not Initialized”. I’ll show you how to fix Samsung SSD not initialized in two cases separately. You can pick the solution that works for you.
● Fix 1: initialize Samsung SSD with Disk Management
Bear in mind that initialization will erase all your data on Samsung SSD, so do file backup for your crucial data on it before you start. Now learn how to initialize Samsung SSD in detail:
1. Right click the “Computer” icon on the desktop and hit the “Manage” option. Click on “Disk management” to open Windows Disk Management.
2. Right click on the Samsung SSD that needs initializing and select “Initialize Disk”.
3. Follow the wizard to initialize SSD as MBR or GPT disk.
Tips: MBR only works with disks up to 2 TB in size while GPT disks can grow to a very large size. So choose GPT is your Samsung SSD is larger than 2 TB. Learn more from the difference between MBR and GPT.
● Fix 2: rebuild MBR on Samsung SSD via a handy freeware
If your problem is caused by corrupted MBR, a handy freeware—AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard comes to help. It supports all Windows PC operating systems like Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP. It enables you to manage disks and partitions easily. You are allowed to resize, move, merge and format partitions with just a few clicks. Follow the instructions below to rebuild MBR for uninitialized Samsung SSD:
Step 1. Download, install and run AOMEI Partition Assistant.
Step 2. Right click the uninitialized Samsung SSD and select “Rebuild MBR”.
Step 3. Select your operating system in the pop-up window.
Step 4. Click “Apply” and then “Proceed” to commit the pending operation.
* The error of Samsung SSD not initialized can also result from partition loss. In this case, you can upgrade to AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional and use the Partition Recovery Wizard to recover lost partitions.
● Fix 1: turn off PC and remove battery
If Disk Management shows nothing about your Samsung SSD, there may be a PC motherboard issue. Follow the guidance below to fix the issue:
1. Turn off your computer and disconnect the Samsung SSD.
2. Remove the battery for ten more seconds.
3. Plug in the battery and turn on your computer.
4. Shut down your computer again and reconnect the Samsung SSD.
5. Start the computer to see if the Samsung SSD can be used now.
● Fix 2: check bad sectors on Samsung SSD
Bad sectors on the Samsung SSD can also lead to the error of disk unknown, not initialized, no size. Use AOMEI Partition Assistant to check bad sectors in this condition. If there are bad sectors detected, you may replace your Samsung SSD with a new one. Send it to professional data recovery center if there are important data on bad sectors.
You may get two different results in Disk Management when you encounter the error of Samsung SSD not initialized. You can find quick fixes to the error in both situations from this page. Samsung HDD not initialized can also be solved with these solutions.
Apart from repairing uninitialized Samsung SSD, AOMEI Partition Assistant enables you to change partition type ID and remove write protection on micro SD card Samsung. Get this tool and enjoy all the wonderful features right now!