The Best Transcend Memory Card Format Tool
This tutorial shows you the bestTranscend memory card format tool to use in Windows 7/8/10 and demonstrates the errors you might encounter in the format process.
Transcend memory cards are widely used in mobile devices such as cell phones and cameras. In general, Transcend memory cards are pre-formatted when reaching customers and do not need to be further initialized before their first use. However, you may find the necessity of formatting memory cards when you get stuck in following situations:
● The bad speed performance of Transcend memory cards after a period of
● No more storage space for further use.
● Frequent storage errors.
● The corruption of file system on Transcend memory cards caused by a computer virus.
For all these situations, what you should do is to format Transcend memory cards.
When you decide to format Transcend memory cards, it doesn’t always seem to be smooth and you may encounter such errors:
● Viruses or spyware programs are capable of conflicting with Windows programs
such as the format utility built into Windows.
● If the partition on Transcend memory cards is damaged, this would cause Windows to stop the format process or show an error message.
● You are attempting to format a partition larger than 32GB as FAT32 in Windows 2000, XP or 2003.
● Transcend memory cards are physically damaged or defective, which makes the format process fail.
If you are troubled with these errors, don’t worry. Just turn to some useful Transcend memory card format tools.
To format Transcend memory cards, you can pick either Windows programs or the best free third-party software:
1. Click "Start" and type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right-click "cmd" and select "Run as administrator".
2. Type DISKPART and press Enter.
3. Type LIST DISK and press Enter.
4. Select the disk to be formatted carefully. You may get indication from the size of the disk. Write SELECT DISK 2 for example and press Enter..
5. After you get the information "Disk 2 is now the selected disk", write CLEAN and press Enter to remove all information on Transcend memory cards.
6. Type CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY and press Enter to create a partition.
7. Type FORMAT FS=FAT32 QUICK and press Enter to format the partition as FAT32.
8. Type ASSIGN LETTER=G and press Enter to assign a drive letter.
9. Double type EXIT and press Enter to exit Diskpart and Command Prompt successively.
1. Right-click the "My Computer" icon on the desktop and hit the "Manage" option.
2. Click on "Disk management" to open Windows Disk Management.
3. Select the Transcend memory card that you need to format, right-click and hit "Format".
4. Reset the volume label, file system and allocation unit size. Click "OK" to start formatting.
As we know, there are always some limitations in Windows Operating Systems which might lead to the failure of formatting Transcend memory cards. For example, Windows 2000, XP and 2003 Operating Systems are unable to format a FAT32 partition over 32GB, so you will need to limit the partition capacity to 32GB or less or format the hard drive as NTFS. In addition, some users find Windows can’t format memory cards to exFAT file system.
To get rid of these troubles, here comes the best Transcend memory card format tool AOMEI Partition Assistant. You can easily format Transcend memory cards with following steps. There are a number of people searching for Transcend 8GB memory card format tool, so let’s take Transcend 8GB memory card for example.
Step 1: Transcend memory card format software free download. Install AOMEI Partition Assistant and launch it.
Step 2: right-click the Transcend memory card that you need to format and hit "Format Partition".
Step 3: reset the partition label, file system and cluster size (smaller cluster size makes less wasting of disk space, and we usually recommend you use the default size if you don’t know which one is better) in the pop-up window. Click "OK" to confirm the changes.
Step 4: confirm "Pending Operations" and click "Apply" to execute the operation.
As you see, AOMEI Partition Assistant is an efficient Transcend memory card format tool. You can also use it as Transcend micro SD card format tool in similar steps. It will bring you unique and perfect experiences in the format process.
● Before formatting a Transcend memory card, you'd better back up
all the important files and data because formatting will destroy all data. The
free backup software - AOMEI Backupper
Standard could help you create a backup for those data.
● Wait for the format process to be finished before you start a new task on your computer.
● Formatting Transcend memory cards just removes all the data on them, which means the data can be recovered with professional software. If you don’t want the data to be recovered, use “Wipe Partition” function on AOMEI Partition Assistant.