You may find that your partition is gone in Windows Explorer. When you open the Disk Management, it shown as unallocated space. For this situation, you need to understand that your partition is already lost.
Many reasons would cause partition lost
You need to know that there are many reasons would cause partition lost. Here are list two common reasons:
1. The drive letter has lost suddenly.
2. Mistake operation like delete, Diskpart clean command.
If it is because of loss of drive letter, you can easily use Diskpart to recover partition by assigning drive letter.
Diskpart recover partition
Windows 10/8/7 has integrated an utility Diskpart, which can help you recover the lost partition caused by loss of drive letter. Follow the steps below:
Step 1. Open command prompt by pressing Win+ R, typing cmd and pressing Enter.
Step 2. Type diskpart, press Enter key to launch diskpart.exe.
Step 3. Type the command in list, each command should press Enter key to execute the operation.
▪ list disk ▪ select disk n(n refers to the disk which has the lost partition) ▪ list volume ▪ select volume m (m refers the lost partition) ▪ assign letter=g
After this whole operation, the unallocated space will be shown as G: in Windows Explorer. However, if your partition is deleted by mistake or if the partition lost by diskpart clean command, the diskpart recover partition will not work efficiency.
Need to recover lost or deleted partition
Data is important to computer users. It stored on hard drive partitions. However, some users may delete partitions in a wrong operation or accidentally. When you delete the partition or the partition lost in accidentally, the data on the partition would be gone. Fortunately, there is an opportunity to recover the lost or deleted partition.
☞ When you find your partition has been deleted or gets lost in accidentally, do not re-write to it. Otherwise, the chances of recovering that deleted partition are very slim.
☞ The diskpart recover partition will not work on this kind of situation, thus, you need to take advantages of other third-party software, and here we highly recommend you AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional, which can help you recover lost or delete partition with simple operations.
How to recover partition with AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional?
Using AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional to recover lost or delete partition is much easier than diskpart recover partition.
It's available to download the demo version of AOMEI Partition Assistant to have a try at first!
1. Install and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant. When you see the main interface of AOMEI Partition Assistant, choose “Recover” at the top toolbar, and then select “Partition Recovery”.
2. When you get into Partition Recovery Wizard, you need to select the disk you want to recover.
3. Then, you can select a search method. AOMEI Partition Assistant provides you two search method: Fast Search and Full Search. You can choose Fast Search at first, if the partition cannot be searched with this method, you could try to use Full Search.
4. Select the deleted partition you need to recover, click Proceed.
5. Click Finish after the proceed finished.
After that, you can go to Windows Explorer or Disk Management to check whether the partition has been recovered.
Diskpart recover partition is not available for any situations. Sometimes you need to try some third-party software like AOMEI Partition Assistant. Its Partition Recovery Wizard is more powerful than Diskpart. Besides, it has many other features like re-partition hard drive, partition/disk copy, wipe hard drive, secure erase SSD, etc. It also provides more advanced editions for better use such as AOMEI Partition Assistant Server is specially designed for business using, AOMEI Partition Assistant Unlimited Edition is more suitable for enterprises.