How to Make a Windows 8 To Go Boot Disk without Enterprise?
Windows 8 To Go boot disk can help you to run Windows 8 on any other PC. Refer to this post, learn how to create a Windows To Go disk.
Do you want to run Windows 8 from any other PC wherever you go?
If the answer is “Yes”, you can create a Windows 8 To Go boot disk, which contains a fully-copied Windows 8 OS allowing you to boot a PC into Windows 8 OS environment. It means with this portable Windows 8 disk, you can use all features of Windows 8 on any computer anywhere.
This idea was firstly carried out by Microsoft. It embedded the “Windows To Go” feature in Windows 8 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education, Enterprise to run system from certain USB mass storage devices and external hard drives that were certified by Microsoft.
However, all people is using Windows 8 or Windows 10 Enterprise, or Windows Education. And certified USB are very expensive for most people. You can refer to this post, and learn how to create a Windows 8 To Go disk without Enterprise edition.
To make a boot disk, you can turn to third-party software, AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional. Compared with the Windows build-in “Windows To Go”, it has better flexibility to meet different demands.
● Better compatibility with systems: It can create a bootable Windows 8 HDD/SSD from any Windows 8 edition, as well as other Windows 10, Windows 7. And it also helps you to boot window on Mac, if you want to run Windows on your Apple PC/laptop.
● Supports uncertified disks: You can perform it with any USB and external disk, as long as it has at least 13GB capacity, and the bigger the better.
Then you can download the demo version and follow the steps to see how to create Windows 8 boot disk.
Connect a disk to your PC via a hard disk box.
Download Windows 8. If your PC is running with Windows 8, you can create boot disk with the current OS.
Back up the disk if there are important data on it because all the data on the disk will be cleaned.
Step 1. Install and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant, and click “All Tools” > “Windows To Go Creator”.
Step 2. The Windows To Go creator window will be launch, and choose “Create Windows To Go for personal computer”. And click “Next”.
Step 3. Choose the Windows 8 ISO file. If your PC is using Windows 8, you can also choose “Create Windows To Go with current system”. Then click “Next”.
Step 4. Choose your disk as the target location, and click “Proceed”. And it will warn you your disk will be formatted, ensure you have backed up it, and click “Yes”.
When the process is finished, you can insert the disk to any other PC to load Windows 8
When you insert the Windows 8 To Go boot disk to a computer or laptop, you might need to enter BIOS to set it as the boot device.
1. Plug the boot disk into another computer, power on the computer, when you see the first screen, press functional key (F2, F3, F4, F5, ESC), and enter BIOS.
2. In the BIOS setup, use arrow keys to choose “Boot” tab, and choose “Change Boot Order”.
3. Then set the boot disk to the top of the listed device. and save the change. Then the PC will be boot from the Windows 8 To Go boot disk.
This method can also apply to creating other Windows To Go devices with USB port. And after you insert it to a PC, enter BIOS to set it to the first priority of boot devices. In addition, if your PC runs into a boot issue, you can also use AOMEI Partition Assistant to create a WinPE bootable CD.