How to Use Command Prompt for Windows 7 Boot Repair?
Here you can know how to use Command Prompt for Windows 7 boot repair and an alternative to Command Prompt is introduced as well.
With the development of information technology, Electronic communication equipment is an indispensable tool for data transfer, especially the computer. Microsoft Windows operating system occupies most of the market land. The most common Windows operating system includes Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. However, we are going to talk about Windows 7 today. Sometimes, you may want to fix Windows 7 boot with Command Prompt when the Windows 7 PC refuses to boot.
Generally, you get these errors due to these elements:
1. Incorrect boot order sequence in BIOS. Thus, check your BIOS boot order to make sure the system hard drive is the first boot device.
2. Damaged system hard drive. Run anti-virus software to see if there is malware, or you might have to replace the system hard drive with a new one.
3. Corrupted system files, including the MBR (Master Boot Record), boot sector, BCD (Boot Configuration Data), etc.
The first two factors are easy to resolve. We are going to describe the last factor that caused Windows 7 boot problems.
The MBR is the first sector of the system hard drive that tells the computer how to load the operating system and how to partition the hard drive, including the master boot code (called a small amount of executable code), the disk signature, and the partition table for the disk.
The Boot sector is a region of hard disk that contains machine code to be loaded into RAM by the computer system’s snap-in firmware. It allows the boot process of a computer to load the operating system stored on the same disk.
The BCD involves the configuration data required to boot Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, and later.
Therefore, if any of the three system files is damaged or corrupted, you cannot boot Windows 7 properly.
The Bootrec.exe tool will troubleshoot and repair these items:
Now, you could repair Windows 7 boot using Command Prompt-Bootrec.exe tool with these steps:
1. Put the Windows 7 media on computer, and start the computer.
2. Press F8 to display Advanced Boot Options while the computer booting.
3. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard, or an input method, and click Next.
4. Click Repair your computer.
5. Choose the Windows 7 operating system to fix, click Next.
6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt to boot repair in Windows 7.
7. Type Bootrec.exe, and then press Enter.
Then input these commands and execute one by one:
▪ bootrec /FixMbr
▪ bootrec /FixBoot
▪ bootrec /ScanOs
▪ bootrec /RebuildBcd
Now, repairing Windows 7 boot problem with Command Prompt should be successful.
Obviously, you could try another reliable way to fix MBR with AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard for Windows 7 boot repair while Command Prompt not working. AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard is a comprehensive partition manager, which allows you to manage your partitions, like resize, move, merge partitions, disk copy, rebuild MBR, etc. You could download it now. Besides, the advanced version of this software you may interested, you could use allocate free space, command line partitioning and even migrate OS to SSD. You will enjoy this software with those magic functions.
First of all, please make Windows 7 bootable media with AOMEI Partition Assistant in a normal computer, then fix MBR to repair Windows 7 boot issue, refer to the following words:
1. Put the bootable media into the Windows 7 computer.
2. Then boot your Windows 7 PC from the bootable media.
3. AOMEI Partition Assistant software will execute automatically. On the main console, pitch on the system hard drive and choose Rebuild MBR at the combobox.
4. Set the type of MBR for current Windows 7 OS, tick OK.
5. Confirm the operation at the Pending Operations in the lower left corner.
6. Press Apply to fix command prompt Windows 7 boot issue.
Now, you should have fixed the Windows 7 boot issue.
Sometimes, the PC could automatically repair the Windows 7 boot problems with the Startup Repair, refer to these steps:
1. Press F8 while booting to enter Advanced Boot Options in Windows 7 Recovery Environment (Windows RE).
2. Click Startup Repair.
3. Then choose the operating system you want to repair.
Then wait for the result. The problem should be solved. If Windows 7 still cannot boot, you could try the command prompt-Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows RE to do Windows 7 boot repair.