When need an alternative to Samsung Data Migration Software?
Samsung Data migration Software is designed to help users quickly, easily, and safely migrate all of their data – including their current operating system, application software, and user data – from their existing storage device (e.g. HDD) to their new Samsung SSD. It provides users with an easy way to move data to new hard drive when they need to upgrade their current smaller disk to a larger one, or upgrade HDD to SSD.
However, this data migration software has some limitations. The most important one should be: only the boot disk can be selected as the source disk you will clone, meanwhile, only some of the Samsung SSD can be selected as the destination disk (see the pics below). So, many users find Samsung Data Migration does not work sometimes and are eager to find a Samsung Data Migration free alternative.
What’s the best free alternative to Samsung Data Migration software?
From above, we can conclude that it is an easy job to migrate data to SSD if it is a Samsung SSD. But if youcan't use this tool, fortunately, you can try the free alternative: AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard.
You can transfer everything (all partitions) from (system) disk to another one. Its “Disk Clone Wizard” can help you a lot. This feature can migrate data between different disk (HDD, SSD, USB flash drive, SD card, etc). No any restriction on the source disk and destination disk type and brands. And two different disk clone methods are available for your selection based on your specific situation or requirements:
1. Clone Disk Quickly: clone only used space from the source disk to the destination disk, so you can clone large drive to smaller drive as long as it is large enough to contain all used sectors on the source disk.
2. Sector-by-Sector Clone: clone all sectors to the destination disk, a great choice for cloning hard drive with bad sectors, or cloning BitLocker drive.
Demonstration: how the Samsung Data Migration alternative works?
After getting a basic overview of the free alternative to Samsung Data Migration Software, now you might want to learn how it works. Next, we will show how to migrate all data from one disk to another one via the “Disk Clone” feature. Check out the following steps, please.
Before you do:
1. Make sure your destination SSD is equal to or larger than the used space of the source disk.
2. If you want to clone disk from MBR disk to GPT disk, GPT to MBR, or GPT to GPT, please make sure the motherboard of your computer supports EFI or UEFI boot .
3. The Standard Edition only supports MBR data disks clone, if you want to clone MBR system disks, MBR to GPT, GPT to GPT, GPT to MBR, please upgrade to the Professional Edition.
Step 1: Download, install and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. Click the disk you need to clone and then click “Clone Disk” under the "Clone" function list in the top toolbar.
Step 2: In the pop-up window, tick the proper disk clone methods and click ”Next” to continue.
Step 3: Choose the destination disk.
Step 4: A small window will pop out to informs of you the data loss issue. Make sure you have made a backup, then click “Yes” to confirm your operation.
Step 5: In this window, you can modify the information (including size, location, and drive letter) of the partition on new disk, of course, you can keep default settings. After setting, please click ”Next” to go on.
Step 6: In order to perform this operation, please click “Apply” and “Proceed”.
1. If the system data is involved in this operation, the operation will be completed under the PreOS Mode.
2. To boot computer from the new SSD drive, you need to enter BIOS to change the boot order when the data migration is completed.
So, if you cannot finish the data migration to Samsung SSD, the AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard can be the best free alternative to Samsung Data Migration Software. Besides this function, this freeware is also able to clone a single partition, format large drive to FAT32, convert MBR and GPT without losing data, check partition for bad sectors, etc. If you are Windows Server users, use the AOMEI Partition Assistant Server.