Why need a Bootable Disk to wipe?
When you want to change a new desktop computer or laptop, it is neccessary to wipe the internal hard drive before abandoning or selling it, but the Windows does not allow you to wipe the internal hard drive. And you can make a bootable USB that can directly boot up your PC without entering Windows system to wipe your hard drive.
And when it comes to erasing data on a hard drive, some people may try to delete and format the data on it. Howerver, simple deleting is not secure enough to wipe a disk because the data on it can be easily lifted by any recovery software.
So you would better choose a reliable data wiper that is capable of making a USB bootable and easing data completely and permanently.
What is the Best free disk wipe software?
To wipe a disk, many people will choose the freeware-AOMEI Partition Assistant Stardard, which is one of the best wiping software. It gives you the best solution to create a WinPE bootable media then wipe boot disk (the Windows refuses you to wipe boot drive under Windows environment).
And this free disk wipe software employs zero-filling wiping method that fills secoters of your internal hard disk with zeros to erase the data thoroughly and securely. And it comes with a easy-to-use interface making all the operation simple. You can erase a bootable disk in a few clicks
How to create a bootable disk to wipe your PC or laptop?
✍Before you do:
Prepare a external disk like USB drive at least 13GB and insert it to your PC.
Back up the external disk, because it will be formatted.
Step 1. Create a bootable disk
1. Install and open AOMEI Partition Assistant , on the main console, choose "Make Bootbale Media".
2. Choose "USB Boot Device", and select the disk you prepared, and click "Proceed" and it will note you that the drive will be formated, click "Yes" to continue.
Step 2. Wipe a hard drive with the bootable drive
1. Insert the bootable drive to your computer, and enter BIOS to boot the computer from it.
2. Then you will see the main console of the AOMEI Partition Assistant, and right-click on the internal hard drive, or the drive you want to wipe. And choose "Wipe Hard Drive".
3. Choose "Fill sectors with Zero (Safe, Quick)", and click "OK".
✍Note: You can upgrade to Professional edition to unlock the other 3 wiping methods with higher Safety: Fill sectors with random data, DoD 5220. 22-M, and Gutmann.
4. Then the program will ask message that your computer won't start the next time if you wipe the internal hard drive. Click "Yes" to confirm.
5. Click "Apply" in the main interface to execute the wiping operation.
● If your computer is using an SSD
An SSD uses a different way to store data, so the same way to wipe it can have a negative impact on its lifespan. Luckily, the AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional edition has a wiping method for an SSD without hurting it.
Just create a bootable drive, and connect the SSD that you want to wipe to a working Windows 7 computer via SATA port. And right-click on the SSD, and choose "SSD Secure Erase" and follow the instructions to finish the rest steps.
With AOMEI Partition Assistant, you can easily create a bootable disk to wipe a PC in Windows 10, 8,7. By the way, the AOMEI Partition Assistant has the ability to manage
partitions, like merge, split, format, delete, move partitions, etc.
The Professional edition has the
privilege to allocate free space, migrate OS to SSD, quick partitioning, convert primary
partition to logical, and more. AOMEI
Partition Assistant Server has all of the advanced features in Professional
edition in Windows Server 2003, 2008 (R2), 2012 (R2), 2016 and SBS 2003, 2008,
2011. If you have a server computer, you may have a shoot.