How to Boot Computer from Destination Disk?
This article provides you the ways to boot computer from destination disk after cloning or system migration.
After you migrate OS to SSD/HDD, you need to get into BIOS to set the new drive as the prior boot device to boot. Well, how to get into BIOS and change the boot order?
1. First, power off your laptop.
2. Use a screwdriver to unscrew the hard drive positions and remove the hard disk back cover panel.
3. Take off the original disk carefully. Then, install the cloned SSD/HDD to your laptop.
4. Cover the hard disk back cover panel.
5. After that, you can reboot your computer from the destination disk directly.
Usually, desktop allows you to install multiple hard drives on the host, which is different from laptop. To boot the computer from the cloned SSD/HDD, you need to get into BIOS to set the new drive as the prior boot device to boot. Do as the following steps:
1. Reboot your computer and press a specific key (usually the DEL, ESC, F1, F2, F8, F9, F10, F11,F12 key) constantly to get into BIOS.
2. When you get into the BIOS, you can use the arrow keys to select the cloned SSD/HDD as the prior boot drive, press Enter key to boot from it. Such as the following pictures:
However, many users could not boot computer from the destination disk successfully. The big possibility is because the computer is not using the correct boot mode--
How to change boot mode in BIOS?
Fortunately, many computers with UEFI firmware will allow you to enable a legacy/CSM BIOS compatibility mode.
Tip: You may need to disable the Secure Boot control under Boot tab (or Security tab, or the Authentication tab) before changing boot mode.
1. When you get into BIOS, look for a setting called “UEFI Boot”, “Launch CSM”, change the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy/CSM: disable the UEFI Boot option and enable CSM Boot support.
* If you need to boot from UEFI, just keep the Launch CSM “Disabled”.
2. Or, find the Boot tab, and change the boot mode to Legacy or UEFI according to your need with the arrow keys. Press Enter to boot from it.
If you have any other boot problems or technical issues regarding one of our products, please contact us via [email protected].