How to Format Sandisk Cruzer in Windows 10/8/7?
How to format SanDisk Cruzer in Windows 10/8/7 as easily as possible? The best solution could be found right here.
SanDisk Cruzer USB flash drive is a popular device for users to store data. In many cases, it is necessary to format the SanDisk Cruzer disk.
When it is brand-new, you need to format it to a compatible file system before you can normally use it in Windows computer.
When you want to copy/transfer some vital data to the Sandisk Cruzer but fail with an error message “the media is write protected”, you can remove the write protection by formatting it.
If you plan to share your Sandisk Cruzer with your friends or colleagues, you had better format it first to protect your privacy.
When its current file system cannot satisfy your requirements, you can change to another file system by reformatting it.
If the SanDisk Cruzer is almost full and cannot hold new data any more, you can format USB to full capacity for new programs and applications.
Generally, in Windows 10/8/7, you can use the built-in Disk Management, File Explorer, or Diskpart tools to format the SanDisk Cruzer and other brands hard disks. Next we will show you how to do it in detail via those three Windows built-in format tool.
1. Disk Management: right click “My computer/This PC”> “Manage”, click “Disk Management” under “Storage” to enter Disk Management interface; right click the SanDisk Cruzer hard drive and select “Format…”; choose a compatible file system and click “OK”.
2. File Explorer: double click “My computer/This PC” to open File Explorer. Right click the SanDisk Cruzer drive and select “Format…”; select a file system, tick “Quick Format” and click “Start”.
3. Diskpart Service: click Start button, input “cmd” in the Search box, right click the given Command Prompt icon and select “Run as administrator” to open CMD window, and input the commands one by one: “diskpart” > “list disk” > “select disk
Although Windows Disk Management, File Explorer and DiskPart work well in formatting SanDisk hard drive, they share a common disadvantage: cannot format an over 32GB hard drive to FAT32 because of the FAT32 partition size limit.
Moreover, when the file system of (SanDisk Cruzer) hard drive is damaged and this drive becomes read-only/write-protected, these native tools cannot format it successfully, either. In both cases, you need a third-party disk format utility.
To help you easily format a larger SanDisk Cruzer hard drive to FAT32 or other file systems, here we recommend a versatile SanDisk Cruzer formatting tool named-AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. With this freeware, you can easily format SanDisk and other brands hard drive to FAT32, exFAT, NTFS and Ext 2/3/4 in Windows 10/8/7 even if they are corrupted, in RAW or write-protected. Furthermore, it can also format a 64GB/128GB or other large hard drive to FAT32.
1. Download freeware. Install and run this SanDisk Cruzer format utility. Right-click a partition on the SanDisk Cruzer and select “Format Partition”.
2. In a pop-out window, select the desired file system like FAT32. Then click "OK" to continue.
3. Click "Apply" and "Proceed" so to start formatting the partition on the SanDisk Cruzer.
What’s more, the software enables you to convert the SanDisk Cruzer between FAT32 and NTFS without formatting or data loss. If that’s what you long for, please follow the steps.
1. On the main interface of AOMEI Partition, select "NTFS to FAT32 Converter" at the left side.
2. Choose NTFS to FAT32, or FAT32 to NTFS according to your needs.
3. Click the SanDisk Cruzer, hit Next to go on.
4. Click Proceed to convert SanDisk Cruzer between FAT32 to NTFS without losing data.
With AOMEI Partition Assistant, you can easily format SanDisk Cruzer drives in Windows. Besides, you can also use it to wipe SanDisk Cruzer flash drive. If you upgrade to Professional edition, you can even securely erase data from SSD drives completely, convert dynamic disk to basic and vice versa without data loss and extend NTFS system drive without a reboot, convert system disk between MBR and GPT without deleting the partition. For Windows Server users, there comes AOMEI Partition Assistant Server.