When to format Patriot flash drive?
Patriot flash drive, a popular storage device, can be used for expending storage or media to transfer data between different devices or back up files. And sometimes we will need a reliable Patriot flash drive format tool to format the drive:
1. Before you try to use a new Patriot flash drive to store data, you need to first format it to a certain file system.
2. If the flash drive is filled up with old and unnecessary files and leave no space for new data, you can format it to free up the disk space.
3. When your Patriot flash drive is write-protected, then you cannot access and add new files to it. Therefore, you had better reformat it to remove the write protection for reuse.
4. The current or default file system of your Patriot flash drive is not compatible with certain devices or files, you need to reformat it to a proper file system.
How to format Patriot USB drives via Windows built-in tools?
Generally speaking, the Windows built-in Disk Management, Diskpart command prompt, are the first Patriot USB flash drive formatting utilities most computer users employ.
1) Format the Patriot flash drive via Disk Management: open Disk Management by right clicking "This PC"-> "Manage", and click "Disk Management" under "Storage" Tab ->locate and right click the Patriot flash drive->choose "Format" from the drop-down menu-> choose your desired file system and click OK.
2) Format the Patriot flash drive via Diskpart command prompt: open the command prompt by typing "cmd" at the search box, right-click the program and select "Run as Administrator". Type "diskpart" and press enter to launch the program. The input the commands in turn and press enter after each: list volume-> select volume # (# refers to the number of the Patriot flash drive) ->format fs=fat32. (You can replace FAT32 with or other file systems like exFAT or NTFS).
Usually, these two methods work well. However, sometimes you will meet various formatting problems such as “Windows cannot format the disk” “The Patriot flash drive is write-protected” “The USB flash drive is of RAW file system”, or “Failed to format a 32GB+ flash drive to FAT32(the volume size is too big)” and more. Thus you need a more powerful format tool for Patriot flash drives.
Free download best Patriot flash drive format tool
To successfully format the Patriot flash drives in Windows 10, 8, 7, here we recommend you try the free AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. This freeware is compatible with all editions of Windows 10/8/7 and Windows XP/Vista (32-bit and 64-bit). Much better than the Windows native tool, it can also force format it successfully when the USB flash drive is corrupted, RAW format, or write-protected due to a damaged file system.
Apart from providing NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, this Patriot format tool also offers Ext2/3/4 file systems. Therefore, you will be able to format USB to Ext4, Ext3 or Ext2 Linux file systems under Windows environment. Last but not least, it breaks out the limitation of Windows Disk Management and Diskpart, capable of formatting large hard drive (32GB, 64GB, 256GB even 2TB) to FAT32. Now, download the free Patriot flash drive format tool, install it on Windows PC and follow the 3 steps to format Patriot flash drive.
Step 1. Run the software, find out the Patriot flash drive and
right-click it to choose Format Partition from the drop-down menu.
Step 2. In the pop-out mini window, select FAT32 under File System tab and click OK.
Tip: You can also add a partition label so as to distinguish it
from other partitions easily when necessary. And you are able to change the Cluster size as you like.
Step 3. Click Apply to commit the
Further study: how to low level format Patriot flash drive?
The above format methods are called high-level format, which is the process of writing file system structures on the disk to make it usable for data storage. However, some users are searching for a low-level flash drive format tool to erase the inside data permanently, which can help restore the Patriot flash drive to full size, make write-protected Patriot flash drive writable again or reset the drive to factory settings.
Luckily, the AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard can also work as a low-level Patriot format tool because it comes with the “Wipe Hard Drive” feature, which can wipe a USB flash drive completely. This low level format process also requires only 3 steps.
In this article, we mainly focus on how to high level or low level format a Patriot flash drive to FAT32 via a free yet professional Patriot flash drive format tool. Moreover, AOMEI Partition Assistant is also able to convert NTFS to FAT32 without losing data, and vice versa. If you upgrade to Professional edition, you can recover lost partition on USB, convert system disk between MBR and GPT, extend system partition without reboot, copy OS from computer to USB drive, etc.