How to Fix Operating System Not Found on Acer?
Get the error message “Operating System not found” on Acer laptop or desktop? Don’t be depressed! You can try methods demonstrated in this paper to fix the issue.
“I can’t access Windows 10 operating system normally and get the error message “Operating System not found” when I turn my Acer laptop on. I have no idea what happens and what should I do? I really need your help. Thanks!”
The issue operating system not found or missing operating system in Acer can come up mainly out of the following reasons:
There is something wrong with BIOS Settings.
The MBR of the system hard drive is damaged
The system hard drive is corrupted.
Windows system partition is not marked as active.
Based on the events that can account for the warning, you can try one or more of the methods presented in the next context.
If the issueappears after you adjust the BIOS Settings, the most possible issue can be the improper BIOS Settings. Follow the steps below to check BIOS Settings:
1. Restart the Acer computer and press certain key to enter BIOS.
2. In the BIOS Main Tab, check whether your system disk is detected. If not, change the connection cable to see if it works. If you still get same error, you can reset the BIOS to default settings.
If the issue occurs due to corrupted MBR, you can do as follows to repair damaged MBR via Command Prompt.
1. Boot from Windows installation/repair disk.
2. Choose Langue, Time and Keyboard input. Then, click Next.
3. In the Install now screen, click Repair your computer.
4. Go to Troubleshoot >Advanced>Command Prompt.
5. Type “bootrec /fixmbr” and press Enter.
If you have no way to access Command Prompt, you can turn to AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard to rebuild MBR. Free download it on a working Windows based computer, install and run it to create a bootable USB drive or CD and boot your Acer laptop or desktop from the bootable media. After booting successfully, you will access the main interface of AOMEI Partition Assistant automatically.
Then, refer to the steps below:
1. Right click the disk holding damaged MBR and choose “Rebuild MBR”.
2. Choose a proper MBR type according to your current operating system (Here is Windows 10).
3. Confirm your operation and click“Apply”>“Proceed” to perform it.
After rebuilding MBR, unplug the bootable device, reboot computer and enter BIOS to boot from the repaired hard drive to see whether the issue still exists.
If system partition is no longer active, you can also get message saying cannot find operating system on Startup. At this time, you can set the system active to solve it. Here are detailed steps:
1. Boot your Acer computer from the bootable media made by AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard.
2. In the main console, right click the boot partition and go to “Advanced”>“Set Active Partition”.
Then, follow the prompts given by AOMEI Partition Assistant to complete application.
After setting partition active, remove the bootable device, reboot computer from system hard drive.
This software is featured with many other functions like extending partition without data loss, copying partition and so on.
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard is suitable for Windows 10/8.1/8/7, XP and Vista, if you are Windows Server user, employ AOMEI Partition Assistant Server.
When you encounter Operating System not founderror for Acer laptop or desktop on Startup, there is no need to try every method listed above; you can speculated the most possible cause and take corresponding solutions then. If all measuresaforementioned are invalid, it is time to turn certain tool to diagnose the system hard drive.