Fixed: Samsung SSD Clone Failed
When you clone hard drive to Samsung SSD, you might meet “Samsung SSD cloning failed" error. But don’t worrry and here we will teach you how to resovle this problem effectively.
I recently purchased and installed a smaller Samsung 850 Pro in my computer. My current drive is a 480GB old disk which I have been using for several years. When I load up the Samsung Data Migration software, both of my drives show up in the appropriate sections, my old hard drive as the source and my SSD as the target.
When I start the process, it gets to 77% and then I receive the error message:"cloning failed. "I have tried the troubleshooting solutions recommended by the software and ran the cloning again but I get the same error message at 77% each time. If you have any solutions on how I can get the cloning process to complete, please let me know.
Because SSD has many advantages over HDD and the most obvious one should be its faster read and write speed, many users decide to upgrade HDD to SSD so as to boost their computer loading time. For Samsung SSD users, I believe the Samsung Data Migration software is their prior choice. However, they may get the problem like the user’s in the scenario “Samsung Data Migration cloning failed”.
This issue can be triggered many factors. For example, there are some bad sectors on the disk; the target disk has been disconnected; there is more than one operating system installed on the device; the a source disk is accidentally converted into a dynamic disk, the target disk is not included in the supported Samsung SSD series. To solve the “cloning failed” issue, you can try the following methods:
1. Check whether there are bad sectors on the disk on the disk and fix them if found. This can be done via running “chkdsk g: /f /r /x” command in Comman Prompt window.
2. Convert the dynamic disk to basic disk: this can be done through Disk Management, but it can only convert an empty dynamic disk to basic one. So you have to delete all volumes first, or you can use a professional dynamic disk converter to finish this conversion without removing any partitions.
3. Defragment the original hard drive: choose “Start”>”Control Panel”>System and Security. Click “Defragment Your Hard Drive”.Click the “Analyze Disk” button.When the analysis is complete, click the Defragment Disk button.
4. Disable page files: right-click “my computer” or “This PC” and select “properties” in the dropdown. In the properties window, select “Advanced system settings”>”Advanced”>”Performance”>”Change” under “Virtual memory”. Uncheck “Automatically manage paging file size of all drives”, select “No paging files” and click “Set button” and click on“OK”.
5. Disable Hibernation mode: run the command prompt and type 'powercfg /hibernate off'. It will disable the hibernation mode.
If the above methods do not work in your situation, you had better find another workaround to completely avoid the Samsung SSD clone failed issue. Here we highly recommend you use the third party software AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional, which can help you clone to Samsung SSD successfully in a simple clicks.
Besides, it comes with two different disk clone methods: “Clone Disk Quickly” and “Sector by Sector Clone”. The first one allows you to clone a larger disk to a smaller disk while the latter one enables you to clone hard drive with bad sectors. Moreover, it can clone both system disk and data disk to another location while the Samsung Data Migration only supports cloning system disk. Last, it supports all brands of SSD or HDD. So, it is a perfect alternative when Samsung SSD clone failed.
Before you do:
● Using AOMEI Partition Assistant to check bad sectors;
● Make sure your Samsung SSD can be connected to your computer;
● If there is any important data on the Samsung SSD, back them up because the content on the target disk will be deleted during the operation of copy partition.
(Optional) you can download the demo version for a free trial.
Step 1. Install and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro, it will display you the main interface. To clone hard drive to Samsung SSD, here you can take use of Disk Clone Wizard. Click it.
Step 2. It will bring you into the disk copy wizard, all you have to do is following the wizard, select a disk clone method according to your requirement.
Step 3. Then, select the hard drive you want to copy as the source disk.
Step 4. To clone to Samsung SSD, here you need to select the Samsung SSD as the destination disk. Click Next.
Tip: Tick the box before optimizing the performance of SSD so that the Samsung SSD will be in the best status after cloning.
Step 5. Here you can edit the partitions on Samsung SSD so that it can be reasonable after cloning.
Step 6. Then, it will give you a note for how to boot your computer from Samsung SSD after cloning. Click Finish to move on.
Step 7. Here you will back to the main interface, don’t forget to click Apply at the toolbar to launch the progress.
It will reboot your computer after cloning, and you can change the boot order so that you can boot computer from the Samsung SSD.
From abovel, you can learn some quick fixes for Samsung SSD clone failed issue, or you can directly switch to AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional so that you can completely get rid of this cloning failed problem. Furthermore, it is far more than a hard drive cloning software. It can also help you repair SSD, erase SSD permanently, align SSD partitions, transfer only OS to SSD, etc.