What Is Seagate DiscWizard and What Does It Do?
Seagate DiskWizard is an integrated software suite developed by Acronis that keeps all data on your computer safe. It’s able to back up the entire disc drive or selected partitions including OS, Apps, settings, and all of your files. However, this program only supports Seagate and Maxtor hard drives in Windows.
The Reason Why Seagate DiscWizard Not Cloning and Its Solutions
Recently, many users complain that when they try using Seagate DiscWizard to clone hard drives, the loading bar doesn’t move forward and what’s even worse, Seagate DiskWizard doesn’t detect any drive.
What makes Seagate DiscWizard clone fail and how to deal with it? Please check the contents below.
1. Your drive should be Seagate or Maxtor otherwise the clone can’t be carried out. If you’re using a hard drive made by Dell or other companies, you have to find another program to take place of Seagate DiscWizard.
2. The to-be-cloned drive is a dynamic disk while Seagate DiscWizard only allows basic disk clone. In this case, you might as well convert dynamic disk to basic disk with some third-party disk management software.
3. There is no valid MBR in the drive. When you find Seagate DiscWizard doesn’t clone, you’re advised to try rebuilding MBR.
4. Some third-party software or antivirus programs block DiscWizard from reading your disk. Under this circumstance, you’d better uninstall or disable them temporarily.
5. The hard drive coded with Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, ReiserFS, and Linux SWAP file systems is not readable for DiscWizard. So, please confirm partitions’ file systems on your hard drive before proceeding.
The Best Alternative to Seagate DiscWizard for Disk Clone
After going through the contents above, I believe you’ve learnt how to solve the issue Seagate DiscWizard not cloning. However, most of the solutions are based on the premise that your hard drive is Seagate or Maxtor. If the “Seagate DiscWizard not cloning” issue is triggered by that you are cloning disks of other brands, you’d better find another alternative, which is more powerful and versatile.
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard – free but powerful software – is not only capable of cloning disks coded with Ext2/3/4 and partitions, but also, it can help do things including merging partitions, formatting partitions, and rebuild MBR. If you keep failing in cloning disks with Seagate DiscWizard, I strongly suggest you try this feature-rich program and I do think it’s a better alternative.
Note: In the process of clone, all the data on the target disk will be deleted. So, please have a backup first.
Step 1. Install and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. Click on “Tools” on the left under “Wizards”. Then, select “Disk Clone Wizard”.
Step 2. Choose a disk clone method. Here, I recommend “Clone Disk Quickly” which could save you more time.
Step 3. Click on “Next” and then, select your source disk and click on “Next”.
Step 4. Select a destination disk. If the disk is SSD, you can tick off “Optimize the performance of SSD”.
Step 5. Edit your disk. There’re 3 options respectively “Clone without resizing partitions”, “Fit partitions to entire disk”, “Edit partitions on this disk”. Here, we choose "Copy without resizing partitions" which is the default option.
Step 6. Click on “Apply” on the upper left of the screen and hit “Proceed” to start the cloning process.
How to deal with the issue Seagate DiscWizard not cloning? In the tutorial above, solutions have been given. If they don’t work, you can turn to the best alternative – AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard - to Seagate DiscWizard which fixes this problem easily. To see other features of this software including splitting partitions, converting system disk between MBR and GPT partition styles, and changing serial number, please upgrade it to pro version.