Why clone recovery partition?
The recovery partition is automatically created in your disk when installing Windows. It contains important files that can help restore the factory default settings. If your operating system goes wrong, you can use it to restore your computer to the original state.
However, recovery partitions may take up much storage space, some users may want to delete the recovery partition files. but it is so important. So for freeing up space and preventing Windows gets error one day, you’d better clone recovery partition to another storage device first for a backup, then delete it in the original disk.
In order to migrate recovery partition, Samsung SSD provides a built-in tool that was designed to copy all data, including the current system, applications to a Samsung SSD. If you are using Samsung SSD, you can refer to the following steps to move recovery partition to Samsung SSD via Samsung Data Migration.
Steps to clone recovery partition with Samsung Data Migration
Connect Samsung SSD to your computer and download Samsung Data Migration from Samsung website on the computer.
Step 1. Open Samsung Data Migration, and click “Start” at the lower-right corner.
Step 2. Then the source drive and target drive will be shown on the window. Choose the correct source disk and target Samsung SSD.
Step 3. Then, it will pop up a window to warn you that all data on the target disk will be deleted. If there are some data you don’t want to lose, you can back up the disk. Then click “Yes”.
Step 4. Click on the "Start" button to begin the migration process. When the process is completed, the recovery partition has been successfully cloned to your Samsung SSD.
Limitations of Samsung Data Migration
Although Samsung can migrate disk to SSD, sometimes it does not copy recovery partition as the scenarios shows below.
Moreover, Samsung Data Migration also has other limitations:
It only applies to cloning data to Samsung SSD.
Samsung Data Migration cannot clone multiple partitions, only 2 partitions at most.
It can only move the system disk.
It cannot clone encrypted disks unless you remove the encryption.
Samsung Data Migration is a simple clone tool. It may fail to clone recovery partition due to some factors like too much data on Samsung SSD, mainboard chipset drive is old.
Alternative to Samsung Data Migration to clone recovery partition
Fortunately, there is an alternative to Samsung Data Migration to clone recovery partition successfully-AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional. It owns several advantages to make itself the best Samsung Data Migration alternative.
● Good compatibility: It can clone recovery partition to multiple HDD/SSD brands, including Samsung, SanDisk, Western Digital, Kingston, Seagate, etc.
● SSD alignment: It supports SSD partition alignment that can improve the input and output of your SSD, so that the performance of your SSD will be improved.
● Multiple clone/copy: Compared with Samsung Data Migration, it permits you to clone/copy more than two partitions or the entire disk to Samsung SSD.
● Clone larger HDD to smaller SSD: It supports cloning the larger drive to smaller SSD, as lone as the SSD is big enough to hold the data of source disk.
● Data disk clone/copy: you can clone every disk on your computer with AOMEI Partition Assistant no matter it is system disk or data disk.
● Encrypted disk clone: When using AOMEI Partition Assistant to clone, you can choose “Sector-by-Sector” to copy encrypted disk.
● High success rate: You may encounter some errors like “Samsung data migration not working”, “Samsung Data migration not enough space” when using Samsung Data Migration. But AOMEI Partition Assistant is more stable to perform recovery clone successfully.
Now, you can click the click the button below to download the Demo version and follow the steps to clone recovery partition with the AOMEI Partition Assistant.
Step 1. Install and open the AOMEI Partition Assistant professional, right-click the recovery partition and select “Copy Partition”.
Step 2. Here you can choose the copy method as you wish. And we select “Copy Partition Quickly” as an example. Then click “Next”.
Step 3. Select an unallocated space as the destination space, and check the “Optimize the performance of SSD” option. And click “Next”.
Step 4. Now click “Apply” to start copy recovery partition.
If you want to clone the multiple partitions on an HDD or SSD, right-click on the disk, and choose "Clone Disk", and follow the rest of the instructions.
This is how to clone/copy recovery partition with Samsung Data Migration and AOMEI Partition Assistant. By contrast, AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional is more flexible and powerful, ensuring a successful and smooth recovery partition copying to Samsung SSD and other brands of Solid State Drives.
Besides, AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional is an all-in-one tool to help you manage your disk. it provides other functions. If you want to abandon the old disk after cloning, you can use the tool to wipe data from the disk for protecting your personal data. And if you are running a Windows Server system, you can turn to the Server edition.