How to Easily Perform Xbox One Internal Hard Drive Upgrade?
This guide will illustrate how to upgrade Xbox one internal hard drive to SSD without installing everything.
Xbox one is the successor of Xbox 360. Since it was firstly released in November 2013, it has attracted a large number of gamers relying on its internet-based features, such as the ability to record, the capability to integrate with a set-top box, voice control and the 4K video playback and HDR10 supported by Xbox one S version.
However, many users will ask how to perform Xbox one internal hard drive replacement for the following purposes.
● Insufficient hard drive space. Microsoft equips each Xbox one a 500GB or 1000GB hard drive; it is definitely not enough for a game console. And after years of use, the internal hard drive would be running out of space. You can delete some games and files to free up space, but it doesn’t do much help. Instead, replacing the Xbox one internal hard drive with a large one can solve this issue better and thoroughly.
● Better gaming experiment. Like other HDD, the running speed of Xbox internal hard drive is much slower than SSD. As the price of SSD has sharply fallen, many users want to upgrade their Xbox one internal hard drive to SSD for better gaming experiment.
In the following article, we would like to illustrate to you how to upgrade Xbox one internal hard drive to a larger HDD/SSD.
To change a hard drive with new HDD/SSD without reinstalling games, you can turn to a professional cloning tool-AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional that helps you to copy all games and other data, settings, programs to a new hard drive or SSD.
In consideration of the SDD price, you may have a smaller SSD. Luckily, it supports cloning larger HDD to smaller SSD by only copying the used space from the source disk to the destination disk.
And more importantly, unlike the Xbox 360, Xbox one supports NTFS file system, if your new disk is FAT32 file system, you can also use AOMEI Partition Assistant to convert FAT32 to NTFS file system instead of formatting so that the data will be safe as well. And as to Xbox 360, which uses FAT32 file system, you can also use this tool to convert NTFS to FAT32 without losing data.
You can click the following button to download the demo version to have a try. Just follow the steps below to see how to perform Xbox one internal hard drive replacement:
Before we get started, you should do some preparations:
Connect your Xbox internal hard drive and the target HDD or SSD with your computer using a mobile hard disk box.
And please back up the disk if there are important data on the HDD/SSD, and it would be formatted during the process.
Install AOMEI Partition Assistant to your PC.
If the new hard drive is not NTFS file system, use AOMEI Partition Assistant to convert it to NTFS file system.
Step 1. Open AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional, in the main interface, and click “All Tools” > “Disk Clone Wizard”.
Step 2. Choose a cloning method in this window, “Clone Disk Quickly” is recommended; it is faster than “Sector-by-Sector Clone”.
Step 3. Select the old Xbox hard drive as the source disk, and click “Next”.
Step 4. Select the new SSD/HDD as the target disk to store all games and programs.
Step 5. You can resize the partition on the destination disk, if you don’t want to; choose “Clone without resizing partitions”, after that, click “Next”.
Step 6. Back in the main interface, and click “Apply” to view this operation, and click “Proceed” to start cloning Xbox one internal hard drive to SSD/HDD.
Step 7. When the cloning process is finished, insert the cloned SSD to your Xbox to replace or upgrade the Xbox internal hard drive.
● The same method can be also applied to upgrade desktop or PC HDD to SSD.
● Whether you are using Xbox one S or Xbox one X, or other versions, you can use this following method to upgrade your hard drive.
● If your computer is using the Windows Server system, you can turn to AOMEI Partition Assistant Server Edition, which was specialized for Server OS.
Performing Xbox one internal hard drive upgrade is a good way to deal with low hard drive space. As the SSD price has sharply dropped recently, replacing the internal hard drive with SSD is the best choice if you want to improve the running speed of your Xbox.
By the way, AOMEI Partition Assistant can do lots of help for your Xbox. If you want to change the file system of your drive, it can also format the Xbox hard drive.