Best Free Windows 10 Migration Software in 2020
The best Windows 10 migration software-AOMEI Partitions Assistant can help you to transfer files, programs, and system to a new computer in Windows 10.
Windows 10 migration software can help you to transfer files, programs, software, and system to another disk in Windows 10. It is usually used in the following 2 situations.
● Move system and data to a new computer. When you have a new PC, and you want to keep all the data and system on the new computer, you can just insert the drive of the new computer to the old PC, and clone all the data you need without installing.
● Replace hard drive with new HDD/SSD. As time goes by, you might find Windows runs slowly, and you copy Windows 10, 8, 7 to a new SSD or larger HDD to have a better the read/write speed.
● Backup system and data. If you have important data on your PC, it is necessary to clone them to another place for backup. Once the data is corrupted or lost, you can move them back to the computer.
In order to fully transfer disk to another disk, you can use the best free windows 10 migration software - AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. It provides "Disk Clone Wizard" features that clones the all data and Windows system to another new hard drive. With its concise and intuitive interface, even a computer beginner can finish the process in a few steps. And it owns serval highlights making it to be the best tool for cloning.
● Besides Windows 10, it supports Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, and other main stream Windows systems.
● It supports cloning larger disk to smaller disk. It is much of help if your clone data to a SSD that is expensive.
● It provides migrate OS to SSD feature that only clone system partition to hard drive. If you want to move Windows 10 to SSD/HDD, you can employ this feature.
● It can make a SSD alignment during the cloning process to improve performance of the target disk.
✍Note: AOMEI Partition Assistant performs well in clone MBR drive to MBR drive in Windows 10, but if you want to clone MBR to GPT disk, GPT to MBR disk, or GPT to GPT disk, please upgrade to professional edition.
Now, connect the new hard drive to your PC, and make sure it is detected by the computer. We will guide you how to use this Windows migration tool.
Step 1. Install and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant. In the main interface, click “All Tools” > “Disk Clone Wizard”.
Step 2. And choose a clone method. In most conditions, “Clone Disk Quick” is recommended.
● "Clone Disk Quickly" only clone used space on the source drive, and it supports cloning larger disk to smaller one.
● "Sector-by-Sector Clone" copies all sectors on the source disk, so it would take more times.
Step 3. And select the source disk in this window.
Step 4. And choose the new disk as the destination disk. And if it is an SSD, you can check “Optimize the performance of SSD”.
Step 5. Here you can resize the partition on the target disk.
Step 6. And there is boot note, read it and click “Finish”.
Step 7. At last, click “Apply” > “Proceed” to commit the cloning task.
And just wait for the process completed. All the files, programs, system will be transfer to the new disk. And AOMEI Partition Assistant support cloning one partition if you store all your important data on the partition. Just right-click on the partition and choose "Clone Partition".
This Windows 10 migration software can efficiently clone data and OS to another disk in Windows 10, 8, 7. Besides, AOMEI Partition Assistant is more than a free migration tool, it is also a disk management tool. It can create, format, delete a partition. And its professional edition has more advanced features like quick partition a new hard drive, and allocated free space from one partition to another.