Windows 10 migration software is a program to move Windows 10 and its data from one location to another. In short, it helps you to move your files, software, settings, and operating system to a new disk without reinstalling it. Generally, you will use it in these situations.
◥Move system and data to a new computer: When you have a new computer but want to keep Windows 10 of the old one, you can just migrate Windows 10 to the new computer's hard drive without reinstalling it. ◥Upgrade hard drive to SSD: Windows 10 may run slow when hard drive performance drops, it's a good chocie to replace hard drive with SSD for faster read and write speeds. ◥Backup system and data: If you have important data on your PC, it is necessary to migrate them to another place for backup. Once the data is corrupted or lost, you can move them back to the computer.
Download the best Windows 10 migration tool
To migrate data easily, you can try the best Windows 10 migration tool - AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional. It provides "Disk Clone Wizard" features that clone the all data and Windows system to another new disk without reinstalling. With its concise and intuitive interface, even a computer beginner can finish the process in a few steps. And it owns many highlights that can make it to be the best tool for cloning.
Now, connect the new disk to your PC, and make sure it is detected by the computer. We will guide you how to use this Windows 10 migration tool.
Step 1. Install and launch the AOMEI Partition Assistant. In the main interface, click “Clone” > “Clone Disk”.
Step 2. And choose a clone method. In most conditions, “Clone Disk Quickly” is recommended.
● "Clone Disk Quickly" only clone used space on the source drive, and it supports clone a larger HDD to a smaller SSD.
● "Sector-by-Sector Clone" copies all sectors on the source disk, so it would take more times.
Step 3. And select the source disk in this window.
Step 4. And choose the new disk as the destination disk. And if it is an SSD, you can check “Optimize the performance of SSD”.
Step 5. Here, you can resize the partition on the target disk.
Step 6. At last, click “Apply” > “Proceed” to commit the cloning task. And just wait for the process completed. After that, all the files, programs, and system related data will be transferred to the SSD.
Finally, you need to restart the PC, enter the BIOS settings and change the boot drive to boot Windows 10 from the new disk.
In addition, this post also lists some other migration software for Windows 10.
▶ LapLink PCmover
Laplink PCmover is also one of the most reliable data migration tools. It transfers user-selected files, folders, settings, user profiles, and programs from one PC to another. With its help, nothing on the old PC will be changed and nothing on the new PC will be overwritten.
- It can be used to move data between computers running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, and 11.
- Save time and space by selecting only the files and programs that need to be transferred; transfer settings and preferences from old computers and easily replicate familiar working environments; - you can transfer files between different Windows operating systems
- Simplified user interface
- No damage to data, keeps everything fine
- There is no free version for users to use
- Requires 200MB of hard drive space
▶ EaseUS Todo PCTrans
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is probably one of the best PC migration software on Windows 10. It helps you move personal data and apps from one computer to another. It is not only easy to use, but also offers many features to make the transfer process as smooth as possible.
- Compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8, 7; work well on desktops and laptops
- Different transfer modes available: PC to PC, drive to drive, etc.; user accounts and settings can be migrated
- No boot issues after data migration
- Intuitive and simple interface with one-click transfer support
- The free version can only transfer 2GB of files and 5 applications between the drive and the PC, unlimited data transfers need to pay.
▶ Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office
Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office is a software suite that is a one-stop solution for all your computer data needs. In terms of data migration, it offers a feature called Active Disk Learning that allows users to migrate and clone all data and files from Windows or Mac, which makes data migration a breeze.
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS and Android
- Migrate data from an old system to a new one without stopping and restarting the system; form a - new disk by copying data; clone the entire disk and resize the partition
- Built-in anti-malware tools to protect data
- Intuitive interface and easy to use
- No free version
▶ Minitool Partition Wizard
MiniTool Partition Wizard is a disk management program that improves PC performance and is also one of the best Windows data migration software. With it, you can perform many data cloning and migration tasks related to partitions and disks.
- The main interface is clean and easy to navigate
- Works with Windows 10, 8, 7, as well as Windows 11
- Migrates user data between HDD and SSD and attach many additional features
- Ensures that the migrated data is accessible on the new disk
- No free version
There are 5 top Windows 10 migration software can efficiently clone data and OS to a new disk on Windows 11, 10, 8, 7. You can choose one that can meet your demand.
By the way, AOMEI Partition Assistant is more than a migration tool, it is also can manage disks or partitions flexibly and safely. More features, such as, allocating free space, Windows password reset, moving installed programs to another drive, recovering lost data, and more are waiting for you to unlock.