Need to format (HP) USB drive
HP USB flash drives become a popular choice for transferring or saving kinds of data like documents, personal information and etc. You might need a HP USB format tool to format USB drive under one of situations below.
1. If your disk is write-protected due to corrupted file system, you can format it to remove the write protection.
2. When you meet USB flash drive showing 0 bytes, you can format it to restore the full capacity.
3. If your operating system cannot recognize the current file system of the USB disk, you also need to reformat it to a compatible file system.
4. When you want to clean the disk or free up disk space, formatting is also a great choice.
Try HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool in Windows 7 64 bit
When it comes to choosing HP USB format tool for Windows 7 64 bit or 32 bit, most users would select HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. It is a Windows-based format utility. It can format any USB Flash drive in FAT, FAT32, or NTFS file systems. Below is the instruction:
Step 1. Connect the flash drive you want to format to a Windows PC and make sure it can be detected successfully. Download HP USB Disk Storage Format utility from website to your computer.
Step 2. Right click the application icon and select Run as Administrator. Click "Yes" in the next dialogue window.
Step 3. It will list all available removable disks on your computer, so you just choose the correct USB drive.
Step 4. Choose file system for the drive. It gives only FAT32 and NTFS in Windows 7.
Step 5. You can set a volume label if necessary. Tick Quick Format in Format options. Then, click Start and wait the process to be finished.
Limitations of HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool seems like a perfect option to format USB drive, but it has some limitations you should pay attention to since they would prevent you from successfully formatting hard drives.
1. You have to launch this formatting tool in a way: right click the HPUSBDisk.exe icon on your desktop and select Run as administrator. Otherwise, you cannot start the tool properly.
2. The HP USB disk format tool works great in Windows 7. If you upgrade to Windows 10, you might receive the error “failed to format the device” during formatting your USB stick.
3. If you try to format write-protected disk using this software, you will get an error message saying: Device media is write-protected.
In those cases, you may need to find an HP USB disk storage format tool alternative for Windows.
Better HP format tool for 64-bit and 32-bit Windows 7
To evade all limitations of HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, you can try AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard, which is considered as a better choice relying on its versatility, compatibility and clear interface. Apart from formatting USB drive like HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, it can format other external hard drives (HDD/SSD) or internal hard drives on Windows 7/8/10 (64 bit and 32 bit) to FAT32, NTFS, exFAT, Ext4, Ext3 or Ext2. Moreover, it can successfully format RAW USB drive.
Best HP USB Format Tool | AOMEI Partition Assistant
Format USB drive or SD card from most brands, such as Kingston, SanDisk, Samsung, etc.
You can click on the above button to free download HP USB format tool and follow the steps to format (HP) USB in quickly and successfully.
Warning: formatting will lead to data loss on the target USB drive, so back up anything you require in advance.
Step 1. Install and launch it on your computer where the USB drive is connected.
Step 2. In the main interface, right click on the USB drive or partition that you want to format and select “Format Partition”.
Step 3. In a pop out window, specify the file system and click “OK” to continue. Besides, you can also set partition label if necessary.
Step 4. Click “Apply” to apply the pending operation.
Tip: If you prefer to format HP USB drive via command line, you can upgrade to AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional edition.
AOMEI Partition Assistant is far more than a HP USB format tool for Windows 7/8/10 64 bit/32 bit. It comes with many other useful features, helping you to completely control your hard disk and partitions. For example, its “NTFS to FAT32 Converter” allows you to convert NTFS to FAT32, or FAT32 to NTFS without formatting. It is able to wipe USB drive, clone USB drive and more. Moreover, to experience more advanced features like restoring deleted partition on USB drive, or change USB serial number, you can try AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional edition.