Want to replace hard drive on HP PC
After purchasing an HP Pavilion laptop or other HP computers, you may need to replace hard drive on HP under the following two situations:
- ▪ Your current primary disk is hard disk drive and you want to upgrade it to SSD to enjoy SSD’s advantages, including fast read-write speed, high reliability, and so on.
- ▪ The capacity of the disk that is in use is too small to hold more and more applications & files; you want to replace it with larger SSD or HDD.
You can clone hard drive on HP laptop or desktop
Before replacing hard drive in HP computer, have you ever think about what should you do if you want to use all applications and files on old hard drive? Copy files and reinstall applications one by one on new hard drive? This process can be time-consuming and troublesome. Fortunately, you can transfer everything including operating system and kinds of applications without reinstalling from one disk to another on HP PC through a copying hard drive.
To complete hard drive to SSD or HDD copy in HP computer well, it is important to employ a reliable and powerful disk cloning tool. Here I would like to recommend you AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional.
It supports cloning entire hard drive (hidden partitions like HP recovery partitions are included) to another hard drive. It offers two disk copy methods: Clone Disk Quickly and Sector-by-Sector Clone. The first one only clones used space, which should be selected if you want to clone hard drive to smaller SSD. The second one copies all sectors, even if the sector is unused or logically bad.
Detailed steps on duplicating hard drive on HP PC
You can download the demo version of AOMEI Partition Assistant to have a try at first!
Now, install and run AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional and have a look at how to clone hard drive to SSD/ HDD on HP computer via it.
What you should know before the operation:
▪ The size of new SSD or HDD should not smaller than the used space of the current hard drive; if you need to copy every sector, the capacity of the target new disk shall not be smaller than the capacity of the current disk.
▪ If you want to clone MBR disk to GPT SSD, you should confirm that the operating system is 64bit and your BIOS supports UEFI boot mode.
▪ This process will erase all data on the destination disk, thus you’d better back up necessary files on the target disk in advance.
Step 1. Connect the new hard drive to your HP computer and ensure that it can be detected by Window. Install and enter the main interface of AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional.
Step 2. Click All Tools and choose Disk Clone Wizard. In the pop-up window, choose one copy method (Clone Disk Quickly is advised) and then click Next.
Step 3. On this page, you can choose your source disk. Then, click Next.
Step 4. Here you need to select your target disk. If there are data on the destination disk, it will prompt you that all data on this selected destination disk will be wiped out…, click Yes. Then, click Next.
PS.: If the destination disk is SSD, check Optimize the performance of SSD….
Step 5. In this window, you are allowed to edit partitions.
PS.: If you choose Sector-by-Sector Clone, you can’t edit partitions during the cloning process and you can resize partition after cloning.
A Note about how to boot operating system from the destination disk appears. After you keep it in mind, click Finish.
Step 6. In the main interface, you can preview the operation result. After confirmation, click Apply and Proceed to commit it.
Last but not least
With AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional, you can effectively clone HP laptop or desktop hard drive to SSD or HDD without reinstallation. And it allows you to copy disk to another disk in other computers like Dell, Lenovo, and Asus, etc. It performs well on Windows 10/8.1/8/7, XP, and Vista. If you want to clone disk to disk in Windows Server 2019/2016/2012/2008/2003, please employ AOMEI Partition Assistant Server.