Samsung Data Migration Access Violation-Fixed
This tutorial discusses Samsung Data Migration access violation error and helps you find the best alternative to Samsung Data Migration software to fix the problem.
As Samsung SSD is preferred by a lot of computer users at present, Samsung provides its users with a tool to help migrate data from HDD to SSD, which is called Samsung Data Migration. Samsung Data Migration software helps users easily migrate all of their data – including their current operating system, application software, and user data – from their existing HDD to their new Samsung SSD.
However, some people are frustrated by the errors they encounter when using Samsung Data Migration. One of the common errors is Samsung Data Migration access violation. People share their experiences of getting following messages:
“Access violation at address 59DAA963 in module ‘SSM.dll’. Read of address 00000004.”
“Access violation at address 578BA963 in module ‘SSM.dll’. Read of address 00000004.”
“Access violation at address 7071cc63 in module ‘restore.dll’. Read of address 00000000.”
You just can’t launch Samsung Data Migration. It’s really bothering!
There are some possible causes for access violation I’d like to share with you:
• Windows system files damage as a result of an incomplete
installation/uninstall of applications or hardware.
• Recovery of the computer from a virus or adware/spyware attack.
• An improper shutdown of the computer.
• Invalid or corrupt ssm.dll registry entry.
• Data Viz Inc. hardware failure, such as a bad hard drive, which has corrupted the ssm.dll file.
All of the situations can result in access violation. How can we fix the error? Following methods may be helpful:
1. Use Windows built-in system tools to restore your computer.
2. Repair invalid ssm.dll registry entries with a trusted registry cleaner such as WinThruster.
As for Samsung Data Migration access violation, the most direct way to solve it is to contact Samsung Clonix Customer Support. You can get help from the professionals.
Apart from Samsung Data Migration access violation, users are confronted with Samsung Data Migration cloning failed, SSD not recognized, etc. It’s unquestionable that data migration is a time-consuming and fallible operation, so choosing a reliable data migration tool is critical.
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard is a free alternative to Samsung Data Migration which can help you get out of Samsung Data Migration access violation. It enables you to migrate data from HDD to SSD quickly, easily and safely. Besides, AOMEI Partition Assistant features in migrating OS to SSD which enables you to improve computer performance and speed.
Before you start, please click on the download button to securely download AOMEI Partition Assistant.
Here are detail steps of migrating data from HDD to Samsung SSD:
1. Connect Samsung SSD to your computer and make sure it can be recognized.
2. Install and run AOMEI Partition Assistant. Click on the original hard drive from the disk list and select “Disk Clone” on the left panel.
3. Choose disk copy method according to your own needs. To copy large drive to smaller Samsung SSD, it is advised to choose “Clone Disk Quickly”.
4. Choose your Samsung SSD as the destination disk and tick in the box to optimize the performance of SSD.
5. You’re allowed to edit disk partitions now or any time else after cloning.
6. See “Pending Operations” and click “Apply” to execute the operation after confirmation. If you find there is something wrong, you can click “Undo” and repeat above steps.
7. Shut down your computer and swap hard drive with cloned Samsung SSD. Then, boot from that drive.
• “Optimize the performance of SSD” option will improve SSD reading and writing speed as well as prolong SSD life span.
• Reboot is required when it comes to cloning system disk.
• Make sure everything on new SSD works good before you reformat the old HDD to make an extra storage. Learn more about reformatting a hard drive.
AOMEI Partition Assistant is the best choice to avoid Samsung Data Migration errors including Samsung Data Migration access violation. You may upgrade to AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional to enjoy more powerful features like quick partition, converting system disk between MBR and GPT partition styles and so on.