An error occurs: Samsung Data Migration access violation
As Samsung SSD is preferred by a lot of computer users at present, Samsung provides
its users with a tool to help migrate data from HDD to SSD, which is called Samsung
Data Migration. Samsung Data Migration software helps users easily migrate
all of their data – including their current operating system, application software,
and user data – from their existing HDD to their new Samsung SSD.
However, some people are frustrated by the errors they encounter when using Samsung Data Migration.
One of the common errors is Samsung Data Migration access violation.
People share their experiences of getting following messages:
“Access violation at address 59DAA963 in module ‘SSM.dll’. Read of address
“Access violation at address 578BA963 in module ‘SSM.dll’. Read of address
“Access violation at address 7071cc63 in module ‘restore.dll’. Read of
You just can’t launch Samsung Data Migration. It’s really bothering!
Possible causes for access violation and how to resolve it?
There are some possible causes for access violation I’d like to share with you:
• Windows system files damage as a result of an incomplete
installation/uninstall of applications or hardware.
• Recovery of the computer from a virus or adware/spyware attack.
• An improper shutdown of the computer.
• Invalid or corrupt ssm.dll registry entry.
• Data Viz Inc. hardware failure, such as a bad hard drive, which has corrupted
the ssm.dll file.
All of the situations can result in access violation. How can we fix the error?
Following methods may be helpful:
1. Use Windows built-in system tools to restore your computer.
2. Repair invalid ssm.dll registry entries with a trusted registry cleaner such
As for Samsung Data Migration access violation, the most direct way to
solve it is to contact Samsung Clonix Customer Support. You can get help from the
Fix Samsung Data Migration access violation with a free tool
Apart from Samsung Data Migration access violation, users are confronted
with Samsung Data Migration
cloning failed, SSD not recognized, etc. It’s unquestionable that data
migration is a time-consuming and fallible operation, so choosing a reliable data
migration tool is critical.
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard is
a free alternative to Samsung Data Migration which can help you get out of Samsung
Data Migration access violation. It enables you to migrate data from HDD to SSD quickly, easily and safely. Besides, AOMEI Partition Assistant features in migrating OS to SSD which enables you to improve computer performance and speed.
Before you start, please click on the download button to securely download AOMEI Partition Assistant.
are detail steps of migrating data from HDD to Samsung SSD:
1. Connect Samsung SSD to your computer and make sure it can be
2. Install and run AOMEI Partition Assistant. Click on the original hard drive from the disk list and select “Disk Clone” on the left panel.
3. Choose disk copy method according to your own needs. To copy
large drive to smaller Samsung SSD, it is advised to choose “Clone Disk Quickly”.
4. Choose your Samsung SSD as the destination disk and tick in
the box to optimize the performance of SSD.
5. You’re allowed to edit disk partitions now or any time
else after cloning.
6. See “Pending Operations” and click “Apply” to execute the
operation after confirmation. If you find there is something wrong, you can click
“Undo” and repeat above steps.
7. Shut down your computer and swap hard drive with cloned
Samsung SSD. Then, boot from that drive.
• “Optimize the performance of SSD” option will improve SSD reading and writing
speed as well as prolong SSD life span.
• Reboot is required when it comes to cloning system disk.
• Make sure everything on new SSD works good before you reformat the old HDD to
make an extra storage. Learn more about reformatting a
AOMEI Partition Assistant is the best choice to avoid Samsung Data Migration
errors including Samsung Data Migration access violation. You may upgrade to AOMEI Partition Assistant
Professional to enjoy more powerful features like quick partition, converting system disk between
MBR and GPT partition styles and so on.