Best HDD to SSD Migration Software Download (Windows 11/10/8/7)
If you want to migrate all data from HDD to SSD, you can use the best HDD to SSD migration software: AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional. It allows you to clone HDD to SSD, or SSD to HDD without reinstalling everything from scratch.
Questions about migrating OS from HDD to SSD
Due to the SSD advantages over HDD, like faster reading/writing speed, no moving parts inside, resistance to share and damage, etc, users want to migrate everything, especially the OS, from HDD to SSD. To get around the hassles of reinstalling OS and other apps, the best solution is to use the HDD to SSD migration software. That can help you move only OS partition or all partitions from HDD to SSD without reinstalling all. Then what’s the best HDD to SSD migration tool?
Best HDD to SSD migration software for Windows PC
Here, you can try the powerful partition manager named AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional. It can migrate HDD to SSD by cloning the hard disk drive. It comes with the "Disk Clone Wizard" to help copy data from an entire disk to another one. Meanwhile, its "Migrate OS to SSD Wizard" is designed to migrate only OS drive from HDD to SSD and ensure the OS can boot from the destination disk after migration.
Now you can download the HDD to SSD migration software and have a try. Since the majority users desire to migrate only OS partition from HDD to SSD, here we mainly shows how to perform it via “Migrate OS to SSD Wizard”.
Step 1 Install and open the HDD to SSD migration software. Click “Clone” in the top toolbar, and choose “Migrate OS”.
Step 2. Select the destination disk space and click “Next”. (PS.: If there is not unallocated space, you can tick "I want to delete all partitions on this disk # to migrate system to the disk.")
Step 3. You can resize the new system partition on the SSD drive and click "Next".
Step 4. Read the subsequent note on how to boot from the target drive after migration. Click "Finish".
Step 5. Click on "Apply" on the toolbar to commit the pending operation.
After the OS has been transferred to the SSD drive, you can remove the HDD and install SSD into your computer to check if it can boot from the solid-state drive. Or you can enter BIOS to change boot order to make it the first boot device, and boot computer from it.
As mentioned above, you can also clone the entire HDD to SSD drive by the "Disk Clone Wizard". Actually, AOMEI Partition Assistant is also a powerful partition software and there are more powerful functions apart from migrating OS from HDD to SSD:
- Resize/Move partition: move partition to another location and resize partition flexibly;
- Merge two adjacent partitions, or merge unallocated space into another partition.
- Clone partition to another location
- Recover lost or deleted partition and inside data
- Convert MBR to GPT without deleting partitions and vice versa
- Make bootable CD Wizard to fix boot issues
- More Features…
With the best HDD to SSD migration software, you can easily migrate data from HDD to SSD and ensure everything works well like in the original disk. If you are planning to migrate Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019/2022 from HDD to SSD, you can try AOMEI Partition Assistant Server.\
FAQs about HDD to SSD migration software
1. What is HDD to SSD migration software, and why do I need it?
HDD to SSD migration software is a tool designed to facilitate the transfer of data, applications, and operating systems from a traditional Hard Disk Drive (HDD) to a Solid-State Drive (SSD). It ensures a seamless transition by copying all your files and settings, optimizing performance, and reducing the downtime associated with manual data transfer. Using this software is essential to make the most of your new SSD's speed and efficiency.
2. How does HDD to SSD migration software work?
HDD to SSD migration software employs a step-by-step process to clone or migrate your entire HDD's contents to the new SSD. It typically involves connecting the SSD to your computer, launching the software, selecting the source HDD and target SSD, and initiating the migration process. The software then copies the data, including the operating system, applications, and files, while adjusting settings to match the new hardware.
3. Are there any considerations before using HDD to SSD migration software?
Before using HDD to SSD migration software, consider the following:
• Compatibility: Ensure that the software supports your specific HDD and SSD models, as well as your operating system.
• Backup: It's advisable to create a backup of your important data before starting the migration process to prevent data loss in case of any unforeseen issues.
• SSD size: Make sure the capacity of your new SSD is equal to or larger than the used space on your HDD to accommodate all your data.
• Licensing: Some migration software may require a license, so review the software's terms and conditions before use.
• Data cleanup: Before migration, it's a good idea to remove any unnecessary files or applications from your HDD to ensure a smoother migration process and optimize space on the SSD.