Want to restore the lost partition on the hard disk without data loss
“Hello there! I need your help. I am using Windows 10, which has three partitions C, D, and E. Everything was normal until last night, but when I turned on my HP laptop this morning, there was nothing on the E partition. It became unallocated space. I don't know what happened to my laptop. I am not technically proficient, so I don't know how to do it, but I want my hard disk partition to come back. Please help me.”
Why are the hard disk partition lost?
Some users may have questions. I did not deliberately delete the partition, but why is it lost?
There are many reasons for partition loss. Some of them are common, but some are not. Generally, partition loss may be caused by the following reasons:
☞ Deleted by mistake. Unfortunately, even professionals make this mistake.
☞ The operating system may fail to recognize the partition as a result of bad sectors.
☞ Partition loss can occur as a result of damage to the partition table caused by viruses, other malicious software, or incorrect disk operations.
☞ A power outage will result in a power surge, which could damage the entire hard drive and all of its partitions.
☞ The volume label, drive letter, or partition name is missing.
Maybe you will be concerned after reading these reasons. But don't worry, the lost partition can be restored under certain conditions. Of course, you need to use a reliable hard disk partition recovery tool.
How to: perform hard disk partition recovery step by step
Next, I will use two detailed methods to demonstrate how to perform hard disk partition recovery in Windows 10, 8, 7.
│Method 1. Recover lost partitions via CMD
Step 1. Search for "CMD" in the start bar and right-click to "Run as Administrator".
Step 2. After entering "diskpart", type the following commands in sequence.
• list volume and press Enter. After that, all partitions on your PC will be listed.
• select volume 7 and press Enter (7 is the number of lost partition).
• assign letter=F and press Enter (F is the drive letter you reassigned for this partition).
Step 3. After saving and exiting, check whether the partition is restored.
│Method 2. Use hard disk partition recovery software
If the partition is lost due to deletion or other reasons, you must not miss this method. AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional (for Windows 10/8.1/8/7, XP and Vista) is one of the best partition recovery software on the market, which provides two search methods: Fast Search and Full Search. The former refers to scan the first sector of each partition on the selected disk to find out the deleted or lost partition quickly; the latter refers to more in-depth search every sector of each partition on the selected disk, requiring more time.
In addition to recovering lost partitions and data on partitions in a few simple steps, AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro can also complete the hard disk partition fix work:
Check partition: Check whether there are bad sectors in the partition and fix it.
Surface test: Check whether the disk has bad sectors.
Rebuild MBR: Can solve the problem of system boot failure caused by damaged MBR.
More advanced features.
1. In order to ensure the successful recovery of the partition and data, please do not perform any other operations on this partition, otherwise the partition may not be restored.
2. This function only supports recover lost partition and data on this partition. If you only need to recover the lost data from formatted, damaged partitions, please use professional data recovery software.
Step 1. Download and install AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro, click "Partition Recovery Wizard" on the main page.
Step 2. Choose the disk which contains the lost partition in the window. Then click “Next”.
Step 3. In the subsequent window, choose a proper search method and click “Next”.
Step 4. It will scan the selected hard disk, then all the lost partitions will be listed and choose one you want to recover.
1. The lost partition has been listed, here you can see the File System, Partition Capacity, and more.
2. You can double-click any partition to check whether the partition is the one you want to restore.
3. You can check the box in front of the partitions for multiple selections to restore these partitions at once.
Step 5. you have successfully recovered the lost partitions.
PS.: If you want to retrieve the lost partition in Windows Server, please upgrade to AOMEI Partition Assistant Server.
From what has been discussed above, hard disk partition recovery tool can simplify your work to the greatest extent. If you are facing the problem of partition loss, please try.