Convert file system from FAT or FAT32 to NTFS- Partition Assistant Helps
AOMEI Partition Assistant allows you to convert FAT or FAT32 partition to NTFS without data loss, thus you can improve the partition performance.
Overview of convert FAT32 to NTFS
How to convert FAT32 to NTFS with Partition Assistant
Before you do
- Download and install AOMEI Partition Assistant on a Windows computer.
- If there are other applications running on the partition which you are going to perform, AOMEI Partition Assistant will notify you to close those applications or to execute this operation in PreOS Mode.
How to convert FAT32 to NTFS step by step
4. Wait for the conversion to finish and then the FAT32 partition file system will be converted to NTFS successfully.
With the help of Partition Assistant and following the above steps, you can easily convert a FAT32 partition to NTFS without data loss.
To convert a FAT32 partition to NTFS is mainly used if you want to improve the partition performance in data security, data consistency, writing and retrieving speed, and so on. And, you can save a file over 4GB on the NTFS partition to better meet your daily requirements.
In Partition Assistant, you can also easily convert a NTFS partition to FAT32 as per your needs.
- Apart from AOMEI Partition Assistant, you also can convert FAT to NTFS with the Windows built-in CMD program "Convert.exe".
- Besides FAT to NTFS conversion, AOMEI Partition Assistant also provides a feature to convert a partition back to FAT or FAT32.
- Compared with NTFS, FAT, and FAT32 have greater compatibility with external media such as XBOX, PS3, and Android. If you have these above-mentioned devices, make sure whether they need the FAT/FAT32 file system or not.
Q: How long will it take to convert FAT32 to NTFS.
A: The conversion will not take long. You can check the estimated time once you click the "Proceed" button. If there are bad sectors on the partition, the conversion will be longer and the process might fail.
Q: Is it safe to convert FAT32 to NTFS and will it cause data loss?
A: Normally, the conversion is safe and quick with your data intact. For security, you can also run a backup of your important data in advance.