How to Easily Split Partitions with AOMEI Partition Assistant?
How to split partition? Splitting partition could help you divide one partition into two partitions. With help of this function, you could quick partition your hard drive and make more partitions you want.
Overview of split partition?
How to split partition with AOMEI Partition Assistant
Before you do
- Download and install AOMEI Partition Assistant on a Windows computer.
- You can only split the unused space of a partition to create a new partition. If a partition is totally used up, the partition will be unable to be split.
- This operation may change the original location for your data, so we advise you to learn the tutorial "How to Safely Partition" before executing this operation.
This tool is very useful for you to split one single partition into two. If you would like to use this feature, please upgrade to a paid version of AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional, Server, or above versions.
How to split partition step by step
With the help of feature "split partition", you can partition a hard drive to make more than one partition on a disk.
This feature is mainly used to partition your drive to some extent. It can be used in the below situations:
- Split and makemore partitions to separately store and manage your data. For example, you can make different partitions for music, video, data, and so on.
- Make more partitions to reduce the risk of all data loss. If there is only one partition on the drive, a system recovery or reinstallation operation will overwrite all data on the drive.
The splitting process will take some time, so allow your computer to finish this task before using it for anything else.
When there are four primary partitions on an MBR disk, if you want to split one of them, the partition that is being split will be converted to logical partition automatically.
If one MBR disk has four primary partitions, the program would not allow you to split the system partition or boot partition, unless you could convert one of other partitions from primary to logical partition, and then the program will allow you to split system partition. The new generated partition will be automatically set as logical partition.
Besides splitting partition, you can also get new partition by creating partition with an unallocated space.
Q: When I right-click partition C, the option "Split Partition" is grayed out. Why and how to active the option?
A: This situation might be caused by the numbers of the primary partition. If you already have four primary partitions, to solve this problem, you need to change one of your primary partitions into logical. After that the option will be active.
Q: Is it possible to split an exFat partition?
A: No, it is unable to split an exFat partition. When you right-click the exFat partition, the "Split Partition" option will be grayed out.