The new version of this software has three main branches, including the PA5.2 Standard (know as Home Edition before), PA5.2 Lite and PA5.2 Paid Edition
A: For the PA5.2 Standard, new features are:
1. Fully support UEFI boot.[New]
UEFI , The Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI), is a specification that defines a software interface between an operating system and platform firmware. Long story short, that means faster boot if you take the UEFI way. In the previous version, PA5.1 doesn’t support UEFI boot, but in order to keep up with times trend, we add this function.
2.Align partition to optimize HDD or SSD performance. [Key features]
Align partition is specially designed for SSD and HDD users, which improves the speed of disk reading and writing, Which was first exists in the paid edition and automatically aligned. But now it’s free and can be choose from “Advanced”. Partition Alignment
3. Convert NTFS and FAT32 partition without loss of data. [Key features]
In the new version, CONVERT NTFS and FAT32 tool is merged together with Partition Assistant. So this makes operating easier and more convenient.
4. Convert GPT and MBR disk without loss of data. [Key features]
User form the Pro Edition must be familiar with the function; in fact, GPT disks break the limitation of MBR disk size of 2TB. It can complete the partition without precondition, no matter how the number of partitions grows. But this function is now available in the Standard Edition.
5. Support creating bootable disc based Windows PE 4.0 kernel. [New]
6. Rename "Home Edition" to "Standard Edition"[new] This new version added one tool- CONVERT NTFS and FAT32 tool into Partition Assistant, compared to other competitor, this one is like the Ultimate version to freeware. So it’s beyond the meaning of “Home Edition”, that’s why we changed the name.
7. More languages support, such as Portuguese, Hungarian, polish, Russian, Vietnamese. [Revised]
8. Free for private and commercial use Main interface of Standard Edition. [Key features]
B: PA5.2 Lite Version Added New Features:[ALL of below are Unique features]
1. Convert GPT and MBR disk without loss of data.
2. Align partition to optimize HDD or SSD performance.
If there are four primary partitions already, this function can help to change partition type quickly and conveniently.
This function can help you quick buck your important partition or migrate system partition from one hard disk to another hard disk. And there are two points you need to notice: A: Only the unallocated space could be selected as the target place B: the size of the unallocated space must equal or larger than the source partition size
It is necessary to divide large partition into smaller ones, since data category is also important for further use and file management. So the Lite Version provides this function to full complete the task. Besides, you don’t have to worry about system crush, because this operation can split partition into two or more partitions without reinstalling the system.
The difference between wipe data and format is That wipe will be clearing the data in the disk thoroughly, and they won’t be recovered. Format on the other hand, is faster, although the old data can still be retrievable with specialized software directly after formatting. AOMEI Partition Assistant Lite Edition provides the data secure way- “Wipe disk and partition”. The Lite Edition- Wipe Hard Drive
7. Fully support UEFI boot.
8. Disk bad sector test.
9. Free for private and commercial use
C: PA5.2 Paid Edition Added New Features:
1. Fully support UEFI boot.
2. Convert dynamic disk to basic without losing data.
3. Copy dynamic volume to basic disk.
4. Dynamic disk and dynamic volume management such as resizing dynamic volume etc.
5. Support creating bootable disc based Windows PE 4 kernel.
At the end, I would like to summary that “Standard Edition” added one tool: CONVERT NTFS and FAT32 tool. And transfer the “Partition Alignment” function from the paid version. “Wipe Hard Drive” added in Lite Edition. More language pack added.